Health Education Degree Career Options
When you complete your Bachelor of Arts in Health Education degree, you will be prepared for a health education career in which a broad background in health is a must. This generalist degree prepares you for a wide array of non-clinical, non-managerial positions. Just a few of the many areas where you could pursue a health education career include:
- Health management organizations (HMOs)
- Community health organizations
- Health advocacy groups
- Parks and recreation
- State and local departments of health
- Corporate wellness programs
- Hospitals and medical centers
Please visit O*NET Online to research more health education careers.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support in starting a health education career.
Successful completion of this program by itself does not lead to licensure or certification in any state, regardless of concentration or specialization. Further, Ashford University does not guarantee that any professional organization will accept a graduate's application to sit for any exam for the purpose of professional certification. Students seeking licensure or certification in a particular profession are strongly encouraged to carefully research the requirements prior to enrollment. Requirements may vary by state. Further, a criminal record may prevent an applicant from obtaining licensure, certification, or employment in this field of study.
Health Education Degree Jobs Information
Typical roles and work settings for a health education job:
- Community health educator with a local nonprofit
- Health advocate with a local Department of Health
- Wellness director in a large corporation
- Outreach director with a hospital
Join a professional organization:
- American Public Health Association (APHA)
- Society for Public Health Educators (SOPHE)
- American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD)
- American College Health Association (ACHA)
- American School Health Association (ASHA)
- Directors of Health Promotion and Education (DHPE)
Search health education job opportunities:
With the right training and skills, a health education career can be rewarding. If this degree matches your goals, call 866.711.1700 or request additional information.