Online Master of Arts in Teaching with Technology
Students who successfully complete the Master of Arts in Teaching and Learning with Technology degree program will be able to:
- Generate a shared and learner-focused instructional vision;
- Synthesize data to draw conclusions that inform the design of effective learning solutions;
- Design effective learning solutions by blending theory and accepted practice;
- Create strategies for safe, legal, and ethical use of digital information and technology;
- Propose solutions for equitable access to digital tools and technology;
- Construct solutions specific to target audiences and learning environments;
- Facilitate effective and engaging learning events; and
- Prescribe a variety of technologies for teaching and learning in a digital world.
Transfer to Ashford University
Your experience is valuable and could be worth college credit. You could transfer up to 9 approved credits toward your Master's degree at Ashford. If you've completed graduate-level courses or training before, ask how Ashford can recognize what you've learned.LEARN MORE >
* The transferability of credits is subject to Ashford University transfer credit policies, and requires the submission of official transcripts.
The official transcripts will be evaluated to determine the credits that will officially apply toward an Ashford University degree program.
To be awarded the Master of Arts in Teaching and Learning with Technology degree, all students must complete 30 credits with a 3.00 minimum grade point average.
Federal regulations published in October, 2010 require institutions to report certain information about students who enrolled in Title IV eligible educational programs that lead to gainful employment in a recognized occupation (GE programs). These required disclosures include a program’s 1) program costs; 2) on-time completion rates; 3) median loan debt; 4) links to O*NET SOC descriptions; and 5) placement rates. Please find all of the required information at this link: Program Disclosures.
Cohort Retention, Persistence, and Graduation
Information regarding cohort retention, persistence, and graduation data for Master’s degree-level students can be found at the following link: Master’s Data. Additional disaggregated views of cohort retention, persistence, and graduation for students in all degree levels and modalities are also available.
Conditional Admission Requirements
Must have a regionally or approved nationally accredited Bachelor's degree or post-graduate degree with minimum 2.0 GPA.
English Language Requirement.
Provisional Admission Requirements
Attendance past week 3 of the first course.
Attendance past week 3 constitutes a student’s confirmation of his or her intention to continue in the program as a regular student. Please refer to the Ashford Promisefor additional information.
Transfer Credit Evaluation
Upon being granted provisional admission to a graduate degree program, the Ashford University Registrar’s Office staff will begin requesting official transcripts from schools where any graduate-level credit was earned, using the signed Transcript Request form.
• College or university transcripts from institutions where graduate credit was earned
• Military credits evaluated for equivalency to graduate-level college credits
Once these transcripts have been received, the Registrar’s Office staff will complete the student’s transfer credit evaluation.
At the conclusion of the third (3rd) attempted Ashford University course in a degree seeking program, if any transcripts from institutions where graduate credit was earned have not yet been received, the Registrar’s Office staff will proceed with the transfer credit evaluation of any transcripts received to date. Additional transcripts may be submitted for evaluation at a later date, should they become available.
If it is determined prior to the conclusion of the third (3rd) attempted Ashford University course that certain transcripts where graduate credit was earned are unable to be provided, students may sign and submit an Authorization to Close File form thereby waiving potential transfer credits from previously attended schools, in order to expedite the transfer credit evaluation process. These transcripts may be submitted for evaluation at a later date, should they become available.
Students are responsible for reviewing their transfer credit evaluation as well as their scheduled courses with their Student Advisor and informing them of any courses that they feel are duplicative or equivalent in content to previously completed coursework.
Students may submit official transcripts to Ashford University for review of transfer credits at any time.
Full Admission Requirements
Submission of an official transcript showing a regionally or approved nationally accredited Bachelor's degree or post-graduate degree with minimum 2.0 GPA with a degree conferral date prior to the start of the first course at Ashford University; Official TOEFL or IELTS scores, if required for admission.
Please see the Academic Catalog for additional detailed requirements for Full Admission.
Students must possess the following online competencies:
- Ability to access course and program material on the Internet;
- Ability to correspond with University staff, students, and faculty using email and the Internet; and
- Ability to use appropriate antivirus utilities so that files transmitted and received are virus free.
The following minimum system configuration and software are required:
- Platforms: Mac OS X 10.2 or higher or Windows XP or higher;
- Hardware: 256 Mb RAM, CD-ROM, and 1 Gb free disk space;
- Productivity Software: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel 2003 or higher; Adobe Reader 8.0 or higher; Adobe Flash 10 or higher (Constellation users);
- Web Browser: Firefox 3.0 or higher, Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Safari 4.0 or higher, or Chrome;
- Networking: 56k dialup modem, DSL, or Cable modem;
- Email: Outlook, Outlook Express, Mac Mail, Eudora, Entourage, or Yahoo/Hotmail/Gmail.
Recommended for optimal performance
- Productivity Software: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel 2007 or higher;
- Networking: Broadband Internet connection (DSL, cable, or other);
- Constellation users: Windows Media Player 7 or higher, sound card and speakers.
Please note certain courses may require the use of additional internet connectivity requirements, software, and/or hardware, such as a microphone and/or webcam to record sound or video files. Additionally certain courses may require use of third party websites. The University is not responsible for the practices of any third party websites. If a student has serious objections to using a third party website, he or she can request an alternative method of completing an assignment from the instructor of the course. If a student chooses to withhold the disclosure of Directory Information, no Directory Information will be released by Ashford University to non-university personnel, unless the disclosure meets exception criteria as outlined in the Student Rights and Responsibilities section of this Catalog. However, a student may still be required to make certain disclosures as part of coursework.
Transfer up to 9 semester credits from a regionally or approved nationally accredited college or university.* Call now for more information at 866.711.1700.
* The transferability of credits is subject to Ashford University’s transfer credit policies, and requires the submission of official transcripts. The official transcripts will be evaluated to determine the credits that will officially apply toward an Ashford University degree program.
You will take your courses one at a time for 6 weeks each, accelerating your path to graduation. Your course content is delivered in a high-tech format, and you can complete your weekly assignments when and where it's convenient for you thanks to the asynchronous online environment.
Your tuition rates are among the lowest available online at $625 per credit. You will also be responsible for fees. View complete cost of attendance. Call today to learn more at 866.711.1700.
* Tuition costs subject to change without notice.
- Cash Plan – 100% of tuition and fees paid on or before each course start date.
- Tuition Reimbursement – If your employer offers a tuition reimbursement plan, we'll work with you to apply this great benefit toward your education.
- Financial Aid – You may be eligible for financial aid. Talk to an Enrollment Services Advisor to find out if you meet the requirements to qualify.
- Direct (Employer) Billing – If you work for a company approved for direct billing, you may qualify for this payment option.
- Military Tuition Assistance – Includes active-duty service and Veterans Affairs benefits if you qualify. Learn more about military benefits.
If this program fits your personal and professional goals, contact Ashford University at 866.711.1700 to learn more, or request additional information.