Online Master of Arts in Teaching with Technology
Students who successfully complete the Master of Arts in Teaching and Learning with Technology degree program will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills related to learning using technology;
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in current and emerging instructional technologies;
- Design learning opportunities that apply technology-enhanced instructional strategies to support the needs of all learners;
- Apply research to support learning in a technology-enhanced environment;
- Exemplify ethical practices of technology usage;
- Evaluate technology resources to facilitate effective assessment and evaluation;
- Utilize technology to collect and analyze data, interpret results, and communicate findings; and
- Demonstrate the ability to make informed decisions regarding the use of technology in support of learning and leadership.
Transfer to Ashford University
Your experience is valuable and could be worth college credit. You could transfer up to 9 approved credits toward your Master's degree at Ashford. If you've completed graduate-level courses or training before, ask how Ashford can recognize what you've learned.LEARN MORE >
* The transferability of credits is subject to Ashford University transfer credit policies, and requires the submission of official transcripts.
The official transcripts will be evaluated to determine the credits that will officially apply toward an Ashford University degree program.
To be awarded the Master of Arts in Teaching and Learning with Technology degree, all students must complete 30 credits with a 3.00 minimum grade point average.
Federal regulations published in October, 2010 require institutions to report certain information about students who enrolled in Title IV eligible educational programs that lead to gainful employment in a recognized occupation (GE programs). These required disclosures include a program’s 1) program costs; 2) on-time completion rates; 3) median loan debt; 4) links to O*NET SOC descriptions; and 5) placement rates. Please find all of the required information at this link: Program Disclosures.
Cohort Retention, Persistence, and Graduation
Information regarding cohort retention, persistence, and graduation data for Master’s degree-level students can be found at the following link: Master’s Data. Additional disaggregated views of cohort retention, persistence, and graduation for students in all degree levels and modalities are also available.
Conditional Admission Requirements
Must have a regionally or approved nationally accredited Bachelor's degree or post-graduate degree with minimum 2.0 GPA.
English Language Requirement.
Provisional Admission Requirements
Attendance past week 3 of the first course.
Attendance past week 3 constitutes a student’s confirmation of his or her intention to continue in the program as a regular student.
Please refer to the Ashford Promise for additional information.
Full Admission Requirements
Submission of an official transcript showing a regionally or approved nationally accredited Bachelor's degree or post-graduate degree with minimum 2.0 GPA;
Submission of official transcripts from all postsecondary education attempted; and
TOEFL scores, if required for admission.
Please see the Academic Catalog for additional detailed requirements for Full Admission.
Students must possess the following online competencies:
- Ability to access course and program material on the Internet;
- Ability to correspond with University staff, students, and faculty using email and the Internet; and
- Ability to use appropriate antivirus utilities so that files transmitted and received are virus free.
The following minimum system configuration and software are required:
- Platforms: Mac OS X 10.2 or higher or Windows XP or higher;
- Hardware: 256 Mb RAM, CD-ROM, and 1 Gb free disk space;
- Productivity Software: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel 2003 or higher; Adobe Reader 8.0 or higher; Adobe Flash 10 or higher (Constellation users);
- Web Browser: Firefox 3.0 or higher, Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Safari 4.0 or higher, or Chrome;
- Networking: 56k dialup modem, DSL, or Cable modem;
- Email: Outlook, Outlook Express, Mac Mail, Eudora, Entourage, or Yahoo/Hotmail/Gmail.
Recommended for optimal performance
- Productivity Software: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel 2007 or higher;
- Networking: Broadband Internet connection (DSL, cable, or other);
- Constellation users: Windows Media Player 7 or higher, sound card and speakers.
Transfer up to 9 semester credits from a regionally or approved nationally accredited college or university.* Call now for more information at 866.711.1700.
* The transferability of credits is subject to Ashford University transfer credit policies, and requires the submission of official transcripts. The official transcripts will be evaluated to determine the credits that will officially apply toward an Ashford University degree program.
You will take your courses one at a time for 6 weeks each, accelerating your path to graduation. Your course content is delivered in a high-tech format, and you can complete your weekly assignments when and where it's convenient for you thanks to the asynchronous online environment.
Your tuition rates are among the lowest available online at $548 per credit. You will also be responsible for fees to enroll. View complete cost of attendance. Call today to learn more at 866.711.1700.
* Tuition costs subject to change without notice.
- Cash Plan – 100% of tuition and fees paid on or before each course start date.
- Tuition Reimbursement – If your employer offers a tuition reimbursement plan, we'll work with you to apply this great benefit toward your education.
- Financial Aid – You may be eligible for financial aid. Talk to an Admissions Counselor to find out if you meet the requirements to qualify.
- Direct (Employer) Billing – If you work for a company approved for direct billing, you may qualify for this payment option.
- Military Tuition Assistance – Includes active-duty service and Veterans Affairs benefits, such as GI Bill and Vocational Rehab, if you qualify. Learn more about military benefits.
If this program fits your personal and professional goals, contact Ashford University at 866.711.1700 to learn more, or request additional information.