Entrepreneurship Scholarship Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is eligible for the Entrepreneurship Scholarship?
- Are Bridgepoint Education, Ashford University, University of the Rockies, Denver Learning Institute, Waypoint Outcomes, or Forbes employees and spouses/dependents eligible to apply?
- When is the Entry Period?
- Will there be additional scholarship entry periods in the future?
- How much is the scholarship award?
- What is the application process?
- When will the scholarship recipient be chosen?
- How will the scholarship recipient be chosen?
- How long is the scholarship award valid?
a) Current students of Ashford University who are in good standing with respect to the Student Community Standards, as outlined in the current Ashford University Academic Catalog, and who are meeting satisfactory academic progress guidelines, as defined by the applicable degree program;
b) Alumni of Ashford University who have graduated from Ashford within twelve (12) months of the start date of the Entry Period; and
c) Prospective students of Ashford University who are:
- (i) Legal residents of the United States of America;
- (ii) At least twenty-two (22) years of age or older as of the start date of the degree program, or be exempt from this requirement by meeting one of the exceptions listed in the Academic Catalog; and
- (iii) Have a valid high school diploma or GED.
Are Bridgepoint Education, Ashford University, University of the Rockies, Denver Learning Institute, Waypoint Outcomes, or Forbes employees and spouses/dependents eligible to apply?
No, per the Employee Handbook, they are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The Entry Period begins at 2:00 pm (Pacific Time) on February 5, 2014 and ends at 5:00 pm (Pacific Time) on March 31, 2014.
Yes, there will be additional scholarship entry periods throughout 2014. Check the Ashford.edu website for up-to-date information about entry periods.
The Entrepreneurship Scholarship award is $5,000, which will be split into two equal awards of $2,500 each. This scholarship may only be applied toward future tuition costs in any ForbesTM School of Business degree program.
Access the scholarship application here. Applicants should fill in all required fields, attach their essay and any supporting documents, and click the Submit button. Applicants who submit multiple entries will be disqualified.
The Entrepreneurship Scholarship recipient will be notified with a scholarship award letter within 90 days of the close of the entry period.
The Entrepreneurship Scholarship recipient will be selected by a scholarship committee comprised of Ashford University Forbes School of Business faculty members. The committee will select recipients based on criteria outlined in the application materials, which include the most compelling application, the applicant's current business and/or new business idea, and its potential impact on the economy.
The total scholarship award must be exhausted within twelve (12) months following the award date indicated in the scholarship award letter, or any remaining funds will be forfeited. The scholarship recipient must remain in continuous attendance (in an Active status category) to receive both portions of the Entrepreneurship Scholarship award.