Latin American Student Organization
Ashford University's Latin American Student Organization (LASO) has several purposes:
- Promote activism and advocacy;
- Provide mentorship;
- Promote diversity;
- Promote better race relations;
- Demonstrate proper leadership skills and unity throughout the community;
- Raise awareness about Latin American issues, both past and present;
- Foster interest in social, economic, political and environmental aspects of the region; and
- Organize events that inform about the cultural richness of Latin America.
Membership in L.A.S.O. is open to anyone who shows an interest in Latin America and its culture.
President: Rafael Ortega
Vice President: Gema Delgado
Treasurer: Daniela Herrera
Publicist: Syndia Delgado