Scholars Institute is Ashford University's honors program, which offers its members the opportunity to participate in seminar-style, interdisciplinary courses; take any of their regular courses with an honors option; work closely with senior University faculty on joint research projects; and have increased opportunities for field trips, enhanced internships, and attendance at conferences and workshops. We would enjoy having you involved in our efforts to create a vibrant community of scholars on the Clinton campus.
Requirements for Admission:
- Fill out an application for admittance into the Scholars Institute.
- Submit a sample of your formal writing, either new or from a previous class.
- Possess a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
All Current Members Must:
Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher and a minimum of 3.5 in honors courses. Take a minimum number of hours of SI or honors-designated courses, a percentage of which must be at the 300 or 400 level. It is also strongly recommended that at least half of the courses be the designated SI courses offered each semester.
Students have three options for fulfilling membership requirements:
- Take the regularly scheduled SI course.
- Take one of their regular courses with an "honors option," which would be arranged by the student and the professor.
- Do a "special topics" research-oriented project where the student and professor would work collaboratively on the parameters and requirements for the project.
For more information, please contact Dr. Robert Engelson at 563.242.4023, ext. 7826, firstname.lastname@example.org.
In image, scholars Institute Members: sitting: Patricia Orozco, Nicole Woodard, Kylie Willet, Ashley Schuerr, Jessica Henrichs; standing: Director Dr. Robert Engelson.