iPad App FAQs
1. What is the Ashford Mobile App for iPad?
The Ashford Mobile app for iPad allows you to use your iPad to read and respond to discussions, access grades and assignments, get instructor guidance, check degree progress, and access your financial account ledger.
2. Where can I find the Ashford Mobile App for iPad?
This app is free to all online students (and faculty) enrolled at Ashford University. To download, please visit itunes.apple.com. If you are not enrolled at Ashford University, please visit www.ashford.edu to learn more about our online degree programs.
3. What features do I have access to in the Ashford Mobile App for iPad?
- View Past, Current, and Future Course Schedules
- View Classroom Announcements, Instructor Guidance, Syllabus, Assignments, Weekly Overview
- View University News and Alerts
- Post and reply to Discussions
- View Course Gradebook, including instructor comments, Contact Instructor and Advisors
- View Personal Profile and key points from your Degree Progress
- Access the Ashford Writing Center and Library
- Create and view your Digital Student ID Card
- View Account Ledger and Financial Aid Progress
- Set your Signature for Discussions Posts
4. What features are not available in the Ashford Mobile App for iPad?
- Submit Assignments
- View or Submit Exams and Quizzes
- View Specific Course Materials
- Access to Certain Learning Resources
5. What device(s) does the Ashford Mobile App for iPad support?
- All iPad devices running IOS 4.2+.
6. What are the minimum technology requirements for the Ashford Mobile App for iPad?
- The Ashford Mobile app for iPad will work on any iPad device running IOS 4.2+.
7. How do I login to the Ashford Mobile App for iPad?
From your device, launch the application by selecting the "Ashford Mobile" Icon. Enter your username and password and touch the "Login" button. Your User ID and password are the same as your Student Portal login information.
8. What if I forget my password?
If you forget your password, touch the "Forgot Password?" link on the login screen. To reset your password, please complete all the steps on the reset password page. A valid password must have both upper and lowercase characters, include numbers, be at least eight characters long, and be no longer than 28 characters. Your password cannot contain your Student ID.
9. What do I see once I've entered the app?
On the Home Page, you will see your (1) Current Course(s), (2) Resources, (3) News and Alerts, and your (4) Student Profile toolbar.
- Enter the classroom by touching the course name on the Home Page. Here you will see the current week's discussion and written assignments. Slide left or right to view material from past weeks. Slide all the way past Week 1 to access the Ashford Café and Ask Your Instructor discussion boards.
- Select the ( ) course icon in the upper right corner of the Home Page. Touch your current course title to enter the classroom. Slide left or right to view material from past weeks. Slide all the way past Week 1 to access the Ashford Café and Ask Your Instructor discussion board.
- Select the ( ) course icon in the upper right corner of the Home Page. Touch "Past or Future Courses" to see final grades and course information. To view the "Course Description" simply tap the course title.
11. How do I get information on how to use the app?
Select the ( ) icon in the upper right hand corner of the Home Page. This will open a window to contact Technical Support, access Frequently Asked Questions, watch a video tutorial, and provide feedback about the app.
12. How do I contact my Advisors or Instructor?
Select the ( ) icon in the upper right hand corner of the Home Page. To contact an Instructor or Advisor by email, touch the envelope icon. To contact by phone, touch the phone number below the individual's name and title. Note: You may need to scroll down to view a full list of contact options.
13. What are News and Alerts and how do I view them?
The News and Alerts are university-related news and Student Portal alerts delivered conveniently to your Tablet device. To view more content, scroll left and right. To see a fuller view of the message, touch the news/alert you would like to view.
14. How do I view my Student Profile and what does it contain?
Select the ( ) icon in the upper right hand corner of the Home Page. Here you can view your degree program, expected graduation date, GPA and required, completed, and scheduled credits. You can also view and create your digital Student ID Card, set your Signature for Discussion Posts, and view your Financial Information.
15. How do I set my Signature for Discussion Posts?
Select the ( ) icon in the upper right hand corner of the Home Page. Touch the "Set Signature" button to display. Selecting this button allows you to set your personal signature which will appear in the Discussion Boards. Note: Faculty will be able to add their title, as well as name and email to their signature.
16. How do I access my Financial information?
Select the ( ) icon in the upper right hand corner of the Home Page. Touch the "Account Info" button to view a summary of your account's activities for the last 30 days. Touch the "Financial Aid Status" button to view a summary of your financial aid activities for the last year.
To add a photo to your Student ID Card, touch the default image ( ) in the upper left hand corner of the Home Page. Touch your picture again on your Student ID Card. Here you may take and upload a new photo by selecting "Take Photo," choose an existing photo by selecting "Use Existing Photo," or remove an uploaded image by selecting "Clear Photo." You can use your digital Student ID for discounts at participating retailers.
18. How do I post to a discussion board?
From your Home Page, select the course in which you want to add a discussion post. Once you’ve entered the classroom, all of the current week’s assignments and discussion boards will appear. (You may need to scroll down to view all of the week’s discussion boards). To view assignments and discussions from past weeks, as well as the Ashford Café and Ask Your Instructor discussion board, slide to the left or right. The ( ) icon attached to each discussion board indicates the number of responses to that specific discussion thread.
Enter and view the discussion topic and replies by locating and selecting the discussion name. The ( ) icon attached to each discussion board indicates the number of new responses to that specific discussion thread.
To view the full discussion prompt, click on “Read More”(1). To respond to the prompt, touch “Reply to Topic”(2). Once you are ready to reply, select “Subject”(3) to enter your reply subject. Enter your reply by touching the box titled “Post Response”(4).
Note: To easily identify and distinguish your discussion posts from your classmates’, your post(s) will always appear with your name in orange, while your classmates’ will always appear as purple.
19. How do I reply to a classmate's Discussion Post?
From your Home Page, select the course in which you want to reply to a classmate’s discussion post. Enter and view the discussion topic and replies by locating and selecting the discussion name. To view a classmate’s response, select the classmate’s discussion post on the left hand side of the screen. Discussion posts submitted by you will appear with your name in orange, while classmates’ posts will appear in purple. You can easily view the number of replies to a given post by looking under the Discussion Post’s title. The ( ) icon informs you of how many new / unread replies are associated with each discussion post.
To expand a classmate’s discussion post, select the ( ) icon(1). To respond directly to a classmate’s discussion post, select the ( ) icon(2).
The subject is pre-populated as (RE:) with the discussion post title. To change, simply tap and delete or edit, adding your new title. To enter your reply, touch “Post Reply Message.” To refer back to your classmate’s post while writing, select the ( ) icon.
New / unread responses will appear with an orange dot ( ) next to the title. Tap the title to remove and mark as "read."
20. How do I view my Gradebook and Instructor Feedback?
After entering the classroom from the Home Page, touch the ( ) icon in the upper right hand corner of your Profile Drawer to open your Gradebook. There you will see your grades for each assignment. To view your full Instructor Feedback for any particular Assignment, simply touch the Assignment's name.
22. How do I view the Course Announcements?
After entering the classroom from the Home Page, select the Announcements ( ) icon in the upper right hand corner of your Profile Drawer to open your Announcements.
23. As a Faculty member, how do I Add Announcements?
After entering the classroom from the Home Page, select the Announcements ( ) icon in the upper right hand corner of your Profile Drawer to open your Announcements and select the notepad icon. Enter an Announcement Subject and Message. To post touch "Submit" and confirm your announcement by selecting "Send."
24. How do I view my Written Assignments?
On your Home Page, select your course. You will see your discussions and assignment for that week. Select the assignment view the full assignment prompt. Note: You are not able to submit your assignment through the Ashford Mobile App for iPad. Please submit assignments through your online classroom.
28. How do I access the Ashford Café and Ask Your Instructor discussion boards?
The Ashford Café and Ask Your Instructor discussion boards are located before Week 1. Use your finger to swipe to the left until you have reached the screen.
29. How do I log out?
In the upper left hand corner of the Home Page, select the "Sign Out" button to log out of the Mobile Classroom.
30. What do I do if I don't see any of these features?
In order to access the most recent version of the Ashford Mobile app for iPad, please visit itunes.app.com and select "Update." Note: If "Update" is not available, sign out of the app, uninstall it from your device and visit itunes.app.com to reinstall.