Abusive sexual conduct by anyone is a threat to the entire University community. All students who believe another individual has personally violated them in a sexual manner should immediately report the incident to the Title IX/ Coordinator, Ashford University Campus Director of Student Affairs, Student Grievance Resolution Officer, University Security personnel, and/or to local police.
Students are strongly encouraged to report all incidents that threaten the student’s continued well-being, safety, or security. University personnel will assist the student in notifying authorities, if requested.
Reporting sexual misconduct helps:
- Protect the victim and others from future harm.
- Apprehend the alleged assailant.
- Maintain future options regarding prosecution.
- Disciplinary action, criminal, and/or civil action against the perpetrator.
If you are raped or sexually assaulted:
- Go to a safe place. Think safety first.
- Preserve evidence. Do not bathe, shower, douche, change clothes or straighten up the crime scene.
- Contact someone who can help. The police, campus security, a friend, campus staff or faculty.
- Seek medical attention at a Hospital Emergency Room:
- to assess and treat any physical injuries.
- to determine the risk of sexually transmitted infections or pregnancy and to take appropriate measures.
- to collect evidence.
Confidential support resources can be found on the emergency assistance page.
Title IX Coordinator:
Vice President, Student and Alumni Affairs
P / 800.798.0584 X / 4445
F / 866.391.8097
E / titleIX@ashford.edu
Campus Director of Security and Safety
P / 563.242.4023 X / 7960
F / 563.243.6102
C / 563.321.1623
E / Michael.Leblanc@ashford.edu
Response & Reporting
Whenever a report or complaint is filed, the University will inform of the options for action. Please see the Dispute Resolution Procedure for Student Complaints in the Ashford University Academic Catalog for more information.
Regardless of whether a victim files a formal complaint or requests action, the institution will conduct a prompt, impartial, and thorough investigation and take steps to resolve. For information about confidentiality, please review the Student Rights and Responsibilities section of the Ashford University Academic Catalog.
Ashford University Clinton campus students, faculty and staff may refer complaints directly to the Dean, Campus Student Affairs, who will work with the University Title IX Coordinator to review the complaint.