The mission of the Student Community Standards office is to serve the University community by ensuring that all members are behaving in accordance with the shared values of integrity, fairness, respect, community, and responsibility. Student Community Standards responds to any alleged violations of the Standards as educational opportunities to address students’ individual developmental needs and to address any threats to University integrity.
Please note that this page is designed to provide only an outline of various Student Community Standards policies and procedures. For a more detailed description of any information provided on this page, please refer to the Student Rights and Responsibilities section of the Ashford University Academic Catalog.
The purpose of the Ashford University Online Student Community Standards Disciplinary Processes is to provide:
- Fairness during all aspects of the Online Student Community Standards Disciplinary Process;
- Prompt response to all allegations and reports of student breaches of the Standards;
- Respect and compassion in all interactions with students;
- Adherence to the Online Student Community Standards Disciplinary Processes as documented in the Ashford University Academic Catalog; and
- An environment that embraces all forms of diversity.
Joseph Allen, MA - Director, Student Development and Engagement
Christina Jaquez, JD - Student Community Standards Specialist
Informal Hearing Guide
Student Community Standards Formal Hearing Guide
Student Community Standards Committee Formal Hearing Guide – Academic Misconduct
Petition to Appeal Fomal Hearing Outcome
Violation of Student Community Standards
Academic Integrity Module