Achievement Belongs To Everyone.
Ashford University Mission
The mission of Ashford University is to provide high-quality, accessible, affordable, innovative, educational programs that meet the diverse needs of individuals pursuing advancement in their lives, professions, and communities.
Ashford University History
Ashford University has transformed from a small town college to a global university welcoming learners from all walks of life.
Equity Inclusion and mutual respect. We learn from one other and commit to the advancement of an inclusive culture in which every individual is treated with dignity and fairness.
Empowerment. Inspiring and enabling. We give individuals the tools they need to achieve their goals.
Quality. Unsurpassed and high caliber. We are consistently striving for the highest quality in our programs.
Ingenuity. Inventive and proactive. We thrive on positive disruption and strive to continuously improve.
Guidance. Encouraging and supportive. We provide a nurturing environment for faculty, staff, and students to learn and grow.
Student Characteristics Not Your Typical School
One of Ashford University’s strengths is that we aren’t what many people would consider a “typical university.” At Ashford, you won’t find any ivy-covered halls filled with students who’ve just graduated from high school. Instead, Ashford’s convenient online format, flexible class schedules, and relevant degree programs have made higher education accessible to a wide range of students who don’t fit the mold of a “typical college student.” On this page, you’ll find detailed information about student demographics, retention and graduation rates and learning outcomes produced by the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Institutional Research and Academic Assessment. Get to know Ashford’s students.
Commit to the future you always wanted.
School is everywhere you are when you earn your degree online
- To offer online and campus-based educational programs that meet the needs of diverse learners and support student success and completion.
- To integrate current technology that cultivates student-centered learning experiences led by dedicated and qualified faculty wherein students gain knowledge and build skills that support personal and professional development.
- To provide learning opportunities that help students synthesize theory and practice, enabling them to respond ethically to contemporary issues and complex problems.
- To foster a rich student learning environment focused on diverse social, ethnic, economic, and educational experiences and thereby prepare and empower graduates to be collaborative and inclusive within their communities.
- To work closely with employers and workforce development experts to identify the workplace skills and competencies that will enhance our graduates' abilities to contribute to their organizations, achieve greater professional and personal success, and strengthen their organizations.
- To place priority on innovation, continuous assessment, and improvement of student learning, curriculum development, access to learning resources, and responsive students services.
- To maintain operational, financial, and strategic strength that ensures the future of Ashford University.
Accreditations and Associations Meeting the standards that all students deserve.
Ashford University is accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001, www.wascsenior.org. WSCUC is a regional accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (ED) and the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).