Dr. Charlie Minnick Appointed Vice President/Campus Director of Ashford University's Clinton, Iowa Campus
New vice president/campus director has served as campus dean for eight years
Dr. Charlie Minnick has been appointed vice president/campus director of Ashford University’s campus in Clinton, Iowa. He has been in the position on an interim basis since January 1, 2014.
“After a nationwide search, we found the perfect candidate right in Clinton with Charlie,” said Dr. Lori Williams, Ashford University provost. “He has been at Ashford for eight years as campus dean for the Forbes School of Business (FSB) and has been an integral part of the campus leadership team. His appointment will allow for an uninterrupted transition in management. We have received positive feedback regarding his leadership from faculty, staff, and students and we are confident that the campus will thrive under his direction.”
During his Ashford tenure, Minnick has been responsible for many initiatives:
- Launching the Office of New Student Experience and Engagement and the Office of Service Learning and Leadership
- Redesigning the freshman experience course
- Attaining International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) accreditation for 19 programs within the FSB
- Developing and launching Freshman Learning Communities
- Developing and launching two new associate degree programs, two new graduate level programs, 14 new graduate level concentrations, 17 new undergraduate majors, and 25 new undergraduate minors and specializations in the FSB
- Collaborating with the vice president of academic affairs to secure Illinois Board of Higher Education approval to offer a Business Administration degree in the state of Illinois
In addition, Minnick has taught undergraduate business and management courses and chaperoned a service learning trip to Toms River, NJ last year. Minnick was a recipient of the 2010 Bridgepoint Education “Best in Class” award in the Academic Affairs area.
The new vice president/campus director earned his Ph.D. from Walden University in Minneapolis, Minn., and his M.B.A. and B.A. from St. Ambrose University. Before coming to Ashford, he was an instructor and associate director of the Master of Organizational Leadership program at St. Ambrose.
About Ashford University
Achievement belongs to all of us at Ashford University. By offering a traditional college campus as well as online degree programs, Ashford meets the diverse needs of individuals pursuing integrity in their lives and in their communities. Students may earn an associates, bachelor’s, or master’s degree online, while campus students in Clinton, Iowa may earn a bachelor’s degree. Whether on campus or online, Ashford students enjoy the same supportive community. For more information, please visit http://www.ashford.edu or call Shari Winet, Vice President of Public Relations, at 858.513.9240 x2513.