Employees at Ashford University Honored for Years of Service
Staff and faculty awards also presented during celebration
Ashford University recognized employees who had reached significant milestones in their Ashford careers during a special celebration on May 13. For their years of service, the following employees were honored:
- 35 years: William Lowe
- 30 years: Kathleen Holland and Waunita Sullivan
- 20 years: Robert Engelson and John Zimmerman
- 10 years: Karil Carr, Edward Gall, David Ward, and Michael Wiseman
- 7 years: Matthew Lewerenz
- 5 years: Audra Adams, Stephanie Adams, Franklin Barnes, Brian Burmeister, Oliver Drake, Melinda Dunlap, Jaret Land, Sofya Masharipova, Erin Miner, Anna Pagnucci, and Laura Yerk
As part of the ceremony, Ashford’s Office of Student Access and Wellness (OSAW) presented two awards:
- Dr. Michael Wiseman, faculty member, received the Access and Wellness Advocacy Award. The award is given to a faculty or staff member or business that spoke on behalf of a student, made multiple referrals to the OSAW and related services, and/or guided students to the OSAW for services.
- Lettie Posey, associate director of campus student affairs, received the Access and Wellness Accessibility Award. The award is given to a faculty or staff member or business that provides, advocates, and/or promotes greater accessibility in the academic environment.
Also during the event, the Office of the United States Secretary of Defense recognized Carl Melrose, custom protection officer for Ashford’s security vendor G4S Secure Solutions, for “contributing to national security and protecting liberty and freedom by supporting participation in America’s National Guard and Reserve Force.”
About Ashford University
Where heritage meets innovation – that’s Ashford University. At Ashford, students discover relevant degree programs, innovative technology, and cherished tradition. Ashford offers associates, bachelor’s, and master’s online degree programs, while the Clinton, Iowa campus offers bachelor’s programs. Whether on campus or online, Ashford students enjoy the same supportive community. For more information, please visit www.ashford.edu, www.facebook.com/ashforduniversity, www.twitter.com/AshfordU, or call Shari Winet, Vice President of Public Relations, at 858.513.9240 x11106.