Seven Ashford University Students Will Display Artwork in College Invitational Show
College artwork on display November 21, 2015 through February 7, 2016
The artwork of seven students from Ashford University will be displayed as part of the Eighth Annual College Invitational in the Mary Waterman Gildehaus Community Gallery at the Figge Art Museum in Davenport, from November 21, 2015 through February 7, 2016.
A committee of Ashford faculty, staff, and community members selected the entries for the show. Other schools expected to participate in the Invitational include Augustana College, Black Hawk College, Knox College, Monmouth College, Scott Community College, Western Illinois University, St. Ambrose University, and the University of Iowa.
A reception for the artists will be held at the museum from 5:30 to 7 p.m. on Thursday, February 4, 2016. The reception is free and open to the public.
Ashford students who will exhibit their work include:
- Megan Casagrande, senior, Ludlow, Ill., watercolor and pen and ink on watercolor paper
- Corrine Hubbard, senior, Machesney Park, Ill., oil painting on canvas
- Anthony Lunsford, junior, Yorkville, Ill., mixed media
- Alex Miner, senior, Dysart, Iowa, oil on canvas
- Cristian Pacheco, senior, Rockford, Ill. photography
- Alexander F. Richie, senior, St. Louis, Mo., photography
- Tanner Seeley, senior, Des Moines, Iowa, photography
About Ashford University
Where heritage meets innovation – that’s Ashford University. At Ashford, students discover relevant degree programs, innovative technology, and cherished tradition. Ashford offers associates, bachelor’s, and master’s degree programs online, allowing students to balance life by providing the flexibility to do school work anywhere, anytime. For more information, please visit www.ashford.edu, www.facebook.com/ashforduniversity, www.twitter.com/AshfordU, or call Marianne Perez, Media Relations Manager, at 858.513.9240 x11636.