What Apps Help You Do Your Homework?
Homework used to consist of the teacher writing your assignments on the chalkboard, but then the rest was up to you. It was your responsibility to remember, schedule, and complete your homework in a timely manner.
Not to mention that the resources available for you to manage your homework were very limited. Many students wrote their assignments down in a notebook and were expected to finish them on time.
But what if you forgot? What if you lost your notebook? What if the dog ate your homework? The possibilities were endless! However, we now live in a world where technology has changed the way we live our lives – one of those changes being mobile applications.
Your smartphone is by far one of the most innovative recent inventions. Reason being, the applications that can be added to the device have helped us become more efficient with our time and tasks. One specific task that has been expedited is homework.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the best applications available to help you stay organized and finish your homework.
The Homework App
Although the name of this app is generic, its functionality is diverse. Here’s a quick list of some of the features that are available on The Homework App:
- Add subtasks to organize projects and tasks that have multiple steps
- View your entire class schedule through the timetable
- Color-code your subjects
- User dashboard that gives an overview of how you’re doing
- Attach photos to specific tasks
- Add instructor details
- In-app calendar to see your tasks on a daily, monthly, or yearly basis
- Homework reminders
- Scholastic resources to help you with your homework
In 2015, Forbes ranked the homework app as one of the top back-to-school tools you need to know about, and for good reason. This app is a great addition to any student’s toolbox and will definitely help you stay on top of your assignments.
The creators of iStudiez have a lot of experience with building an efficient homework app. You can tell by how it streamlines some of the most difficult tasks associated with staying on track with your homework. Here are some of the great features that iStudiez offers students:
- Built-in planner that allows you to manage all types of schedules
- Ability to enter course details, instructor information, office hours, affiliation, phone numbers, and email addresses
- Organize assignment by date, course, priority, or status
- Add partners to your homework
- Update schedule with real-time information
- Calendar integration
- Share your iStudiez calendar with classmates, friends, and parents
- Track your grades
- Set alerts to help you stay on task
This particular application has seven years of experience in helping people in more than 30 countries with their homework. It’s one reason why iStudiez is one of the most popular mobile homework applications.
My Study Life
This cross-platform planner was designed to help students, teachers, and lecturers better manage their study time. As a student, the My Study Life application will help you focus on what matters the most and integrate all areas of your academic life. Let’s take a closer look at some of the features this app offers:
- 100% free
- Syncs your data between devices, allowing you to use the app offline
- Add tasks from your phone or tablet and they will also be available on the web app (cloud technology)
- Store exams
- Manage your classes
- Set reminders for unfinished tasks, upcoming exams and classes before they start
- User-friendly interface and dashboard
Additionally, the My Study Life app has nearly five million installs and twenty-one thousand five-star reviews. This type of feedback is a testament to what the app can do and further proof that it’s a well-respected homework management tool.
myHomework Student Planner
Rated by Good Morning America as one of 2015’s top back-to-school apps, myHomework Student Planner is a great resource for any student who wants some extra help with staying organized. This application is packed with a lot of features as well:
- 100% free
- Homework organizer and student planner options
- Class schedule
- Homework calendar
- Homework widget
- Ability to sync your homework and reminders
- Course location to help find schools and classes nearby
- Sync with web app at myhomeworkapp.com
- Free blue, black and pink themes to choose from
The myHomework Student Planner also has nearly five million installs and is highly popular with students all around the world. The popularity isn’t surprising when you see how useful this app truly is.
Studying and doing your homework are necessary to your education. It’s not always the most glamorous or fun part of college, but it’s a fundamental component when it comes to your overall success at Ashford University. Next time you have some homework coming up, try integrating one of these apps and watch your study habits flourish.
Written by Ben Cummings, Digital Marketing Specialist for Bridgepoint Education