Noel-Levitz Surveys Ashford Student Satisfaction
As part of Ashford University’s dedication to building a culture of assessment, we review our student satisfaction using Noel-Levitz surveys.
Ashford University administers these online surveys annually in the spring for use in our institutional effectiveness review and strategic planning. Feedback is used to improve programs and services. The surveys use seven-point scales to access various facets of student satisfaction and identify areas for improvement.
Noel-Levitz Surveys Brief Overview
Who is surveyed?
- In 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 Ashford University online undergraduate students were surveyed using the Adult Learner Inventory (ALI).
- In 2008 and 2009, Ashford University online graduate students were surveyed using the Priorities Survey for Online Learners (PSOL)
- In 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 Ashford University online undergraduate and graduate students were surveyed using the Priorities Survey for Online Learners (PSOL)
- In 2008 and 2009, Ashford University on-campus students were surveyed using the ACT Survey of Student Opinions (SSO)
- In 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 Ashford University on-campus students were surveyed using the Student Satisfaction Inventory (SSI)
- Gap: Measures the difference between importance of item to the student and the student’s satisfaction with the item.
- Standard Deviation: Measures how wide the distribution of students’ answers is from the mean.
- National Comparison: Measures our student sample against a national student sample.
- Importance and satisfaction of each item to the student on separate scales of 1 to 7 (or 1 to 5 for ACT SSO survey)
Student importance and satisfaction with each item on a scale of 1 to 7
- 7 is the highest score
- 1 is the lowest score
How do we identify strengths and challenges?
- Strengths are items with high importance and higher satisfaction. Above the midpoint in importance.
- Upper quartile (25%) of satisfaction scores.
- Challenges are items with high importance and lower satisfaction. Above the midpoint in importance.
- Lower quartile (25%) of satisfaction scores OR the top quartile (25%) of performance gap scores.
Feedback to Students Regarding Noel-Levitz
Feedback is provided to students via a document on the Student Portal entitled “Your Voice is Being Heard.” This document summarizes the results of the survey administration for the current year and informs students of the changes made as a result of the survey feedback.
Learn more about how Ashford is responding to students.