CCAF – AU-ABC/GEM Requirements
CCAF: Air University Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC)
You make sacrifices for our nation. Fortunately, education doesn't have to be one of them.
Discover a community at Ashford University designed to help you manage the demands of going to school while serving in the military. Even deployment doesn't mean you have to stop learning. Either you or your spouse can request a break and pick up where you left off when you return.
If you have earned your Associate in Applied Science degree from the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF), take the next step – transfer to Ashford and complete your bachelor's degree.
If you are eligible, you will not have to take more than 60 credits to complete one of these Ashford University degree programs. Each link below provides a sample of how your credits may transfer into Ashford University under this agreement:
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Health and Human Services
- Bachelor of Arts in Health Care Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Human Resources Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts
- Bachelor of Arts in Operations Management and Analysis
- Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Social and Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
Certain degree programs may not be available in all states.
General Education Mobile (GEM)
The General Education Mobile (GEM) program is designed to help US Air Force members fulfill their general education (GE) requirements in a mobile, non-traditional classroom format. Completing the GEM program is a key step toward earning your Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree at CCAF. GEM can be completed with five online courses at Ashford University, and if you already have some college experience, the number of courses required may be reduced.
Ashford University offers convenient online courses that can satisfy these GE requirements for your AAS degree at Community College of the Air Force:
Written Communication — ENG 121 English Composition I and ENG 122 English Composition II.
Mathematics — MAT 222 Intermediate Algebra and MAT 232 Statistical Literacy
Social Science — PSY 101 Introduction to Psychology, SOC 101 Introduction to Sociology, HIS 103 World Civilizations I, PSY 104 Child & Adolescent Development, and SOC 203 Social Problems.
Oral Communication — SPE 103 Oral Communication
Humanities — ART 101 Art Appreciation, PHI 208 Ethics and Moral Reasoning, ENG 225 Introduction to Film, SOC 120 Introduction to Ethics & Social Responsibility, and ENG 125 Introduction to Literature.
For questions pertaining to the AU-ABC or the GEM program, contact [email protected] or call 866.798.0584, extension 20408.
If you have questions regarding enrolling in a degree program or about your current degree program, contact a Military Enrollment Services Advisor or your Student Advisor at 1.800.877.1192.
You can also speak to someone from the comfort of your desktop using Live Chat.
Your Education Benefits
All required course materials are completely covered for eligible members of the military community when ordered through the Ashford Bookstore, and standard shipping is free.
Ashford University offers this benefit to students who are:
- Active Duty, National Guard, or Reservists
- Spouses of Active Duty, National Guard, and Reservists
- Students using VA Education Benefits
- Department of Defense employees
- Civilian employees of the U.S. Coast Guard
- Veterans Affairs employees
Learn more about financing your education by visiting Ashford's Financial Services page.
- Continuous enrollment
- Courses start every Tuesday
- Undergrad courses are 5 weeks in length while graduate courses are 6 weeks in length.