Bachelor of Arts in Consumer and Family Financial Services
The Bachelor of Arts in Consumer and Family Financial Services program is designed to prepare you for a career in insurance, investments, or family financial advisement. Enable financial success with your Bachelor of Arts in Consumer and Family Financial Services from Ashford University. In this IACBE accredited degree program, you will learn to evaluate investments based on risk and potential returns, and you will examine the role of insurance in personal financial planning. Scholarships are also available.
What you will learn
This program provides you with a comprehensive knowledge of business finance, personal financial planning, investment management, insurance, and related areas, but it is distinct from corporate finance due to its focus on individual and personal support. Upon completion of the Bachelor of Arts in Consumer and Family Financial Services degree program, you will be able to:
- Recommend appropriate financial information to individual consumers
- Assess legal concepts and their application to the individual investor
- Evaluate personal financial practices to achieve the most efficient use of the clients financial resources
- Assess the role of financial advisor in the provision of business services to clients
- Construct both short range and long range financial plans for a client
- Examine the role of life, health, property, and casualty insurance in business and personal financial planning
- Evaluate various types of investments in terms of their risks and potential returns
Your Courses in Consumer and Family Financial Services
Steer your career with your Bachelor of Arts in Consumer and Family Financial Services. Your online coursework focuses on financial institutions, markets, and the laws that govern them. Topics also include taxes and risk management.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (45 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
BA in Consumer and Family Financial Services
Do you want to learn about investments, retirement planning, personal financial planning, economics, and accounting? All of those topics are covered in the BA in Consumer and Family Financial Services program, according to Program Chair Dr. Kevin Kuznia. Find out more in this video.
Careers in Consumer and Family Financial Services
When you complete your Bachelor of Arts in Consumer and Family Financial Services degree, you will be prepared for a career in which a broad background and general knowledge in the field of financial services are requirements. Take a look at your potential career options.
The Bachelor of Arts in Consumer and Family Financial Services degree is IACBE accredited.
Need more information? You Got It.
Check out the links below to learn more about this degree.