Master of Science in Finance
Every organization – no matter how big or small – must monitor its finances. In corporations, government agencies, private businesses, public institutions, and non-profits, the financial professionals provide the stable foundation that enables commerce. The Forbes School of Business & Technology created the Master of Science in Finance degree program to provide comprehensive graduate-level education in corporate finance and investment. Prepare to be a leader in the important field of finance.
What you will learn
The Master of Science in Finance degree program was created to help you become proficient in technical and analytical skills related to finance and to develop expertise in financial problem-solving and financial decision-making. Major emerging concepts and practices in the field of finance will be introduced and discussed throughout the online masters in finance degree program. The finance degree focuses on strategic financial management and financial analytics as it applies to overall business goals. When you successfully complete the Master of Science in Finance degree program, you will be able to:
- Apply appropriate principles of valuation for financial assets and securities
- Assess investment and financial practices to assess an organization’s value
- Design appropriate risk management strategies based on an evaluation of an organization’s financial risk
- Evaluate the trade-off between risk and return on investment management
- Utilize ethical and professional standards in the financial decision-making process
- Measure the return on investment of corporate initiatives and policies for organizational strategic decision-making
- Make financial recommendations for an organization with consideration to a global perspective
Your Courses in Finance
The Master of Science in Finance degree program offers a robust curriculum in finance and investment. You will gain a deeper knowledge of key financial topics such as financial analysis, statistics, economics, portfolio management, accounting, and international finance.
Core Course Requirements (39 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Careers in Finance
The wide world of finance includes areas such as financial planning, financial services, banking, real estate, corporate financial management, risk management and insurance, and securities sales and management. Take a look at some of the career paths you could pursue with a Master of Science in Finance degree.
Need more information? You Got It.
Check out the links below to learn more about this degree.