Bachelor of Arts in Real Estate Studies
The Bachelor of Arts in Real Estate Studies program prepares you to begin a career in mortgage lending, development, equity investment, brokerage and sales, valuation, or property management. Learn the ins and outs of a fascinating industry with your Bachelor of Arts in Real Estate Studies earned online from Ashford University. Scholarships are also available.
What you will learn
Examine the markets and financing methods for residential and commercial properties. Discover the trends that influence property valuations, and learn best practices to benefit and safeguard investors. Upon completion of your Bachelor of Arts in Real Estate Studies degree program, you will be able to:
- Assess real estate professional governance and licensing in the states and how such laws and systems benefit consumers
- Examine essential real estate business practices
- Apply real estate law, contract law, and Uniform Commercial Code in solving complex real estate problems
- Discern how economic, demographic, dynamic, and market trends influence real estate and real estate valuations
- Examine basic real estate financial markets and financing methods most commonly applied to single family residences, multiple family residences, and commercial properties
BA in Real Estate Studies
In addition to a broad range of business and real estate courses, the BA in Real Estate Studies teaches students to be better thinkers and decision-makers. Dr. Brand Bowler, Chair of the BA in Real Estate Studies program, illustrates the benefits of the degree in this video.
Your Courses in Real Estate Studies
This degree program provides you with basic skills in mortgage lending, development, equity investment, and brokerage.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (45 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Careers in Real Estate Studies
Just a few of the many professional careers that often begin with a Bachelor of Arts in Real Estate Studies include: Property Manager, Commercial Leasing Manager, and Escrow Officer. Take a look at your potential career options.