Bachelor of Arts in Real Estate Studies
Go farther in the field of real estate and build a lasting career with your Bachelor of Arts in Real Estate Studies. This IACBE accredited online real estate degree program is an ideal option for those who have busy schedules. If you are already a real estate professional in the industry, this degree can be a perfect way for you to grow in your career while working around your pre-existing work schedule. The Ashford real estate bachelor’s degree prepares you to begin or continue a career in mortgage lending, development, equity investment, brokerage and sales, valuation, or property management. Learn the ins and outs of a fascinating industry, with your real estate degree online from Ashford University. Scholarships are also available.
What you will learn
Examine the markets and financing methods for residential and commercial properties. Discover the many trends that influence property valuations, and learn best practices to benefit and safeguard investors. Upon completion of your degree in real estate, you will be able to:
- Assess real estate professional governance and licensing in the states and how such laws and systems benefit consumers
- Examine essential real estate business practices
- Apply real estate law, contract law, and Uniform Commercial Code in solving complex real estate problems
- Discern how economic, demographic, dynamic, and market trends influence real estate and real estate valuations
- Examine basic real estate financial markets and financing methods most commonly applied to single family residences, multiple family residences, and commercial properties
Your Courses in Real Estate Studies
This real estate degree provides you with a solid foundation in business and real estate practices through the major’s required courses. You will also learn basic skills in mortgage lending, development, equity investment, and brokerage.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (45 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Careers in Real Estate Studies
Upon completion of your real estate degree, you will have the opportunity to pursue a career field that combines sales, ethics, business economics, and human interaction. Real estate is a career that has a wide-range of associated jobs, and you will be given the opportunity to explore and pursue a career that specifically fits your interests and skills.
Some real estate related career opportunities that often begin with a degree in real estate include:
- Property Managers: They are responsible for overseeing and operating a real estate property. Properties may include residential homes/apartments, business offices, and shopping centers.
- Commercial Leasing Managers: They are responsible for all of the leasing functions that may include the productivity and budgetary performance of a leasing department, reviewing lease agreements and transactions, and creating and implementing policies.
- Escrow Officers: They are responsible for facilitating property transactions and decisions between two or more parties, and have a broad range of administrative responsibilities that are required by law when property is transferred or changed.
To further explore career options in this field, take a look at some potential career options below, or learn more the impact and need for a degree in real estate.
The Bachelor of Arts in Real Estate Studies degree is IACBE accredited.
Need more information? You Got It.
Check out the links below to learn more about this degree.