Master of Human Resource Management
Set the standard for excellence in human resources with your online Master of Human Resource Management degree from Ashford University. This program will equip you with the problem-solving, data-driven decision-making, and strategic management skills to keep professional organizations competitive in a global marketplace. Your courses will prepare you to address the social, ethical, legal, and economic issues facing virtual, domestic, and internationally focused organizations. Develop the strategic leadership skills to become a valuable asset to employers.
What you will learn
The Master of Human Resource Management offers a robust, HR-specific curriculum that will develop the competencies needed to add value to organizations as an effective HR strategist. The courses in this degree program focus on critical content areas, including change management, employee and labor relations, legal and ethical issues, compensation and benefits, training and development, workforce planning and talent management, organizational development, HR information systems, and globalization. Coursework was designed to align with the standards set forth by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Evaluate organizational needs as a strategic business partner in the core areas of Human Resource Management
- Assess change management initiatives to fulfill strategic organizational objectives
- Analyze internal and external business environments and management strategies of virtual, domestic, and internationally focused organizations
- Assess issues of diversity as they affect the human resource function
- Construct strategies for planning, recruiting, selecting, training, and retaining employees to ensure human resources support organizational goals
- Evaluate regulatory, legal, and ethical issues when developing and administering policies and procedures in the workplace
Your Courses in Human Resource Management
The Master of Human Resource Management degree will prepare you to take on real human resource management tasks. Courses will cover the basics of a traditional, transactional human resources role, as well as the financial, leadership, strategic, and change management aspects of human resource management.
Major Course Requirements (39 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Careers in Human Resource Management
Human resource professionals are needed in nearly every industry. They provide tactical and strategic leadership to attract, manage, develop, and reward top talent. Take a look at your potential human resource management career options.