Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies
Extend your reach with your Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies from Ashford University. This degree program prepares you for a career in communications. When you complete the required coursework, you will be well acquainted with modern communications, be highly trained in multicultural communications and conflict resolution, and exhibit advanced persuasion skills.
What you will learn
You will complete coursework in writing, editing, rhetoric and argumentation, and public relations. This degree's curriculum also includes a capstone course for you to demonstrate the full results of your efforts in a comprehensive portfolio. Upon completion of your Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies degree program, you will be able to:
- Communicate with fluency and clarity
- Select effective communication techniques appropriate to audience and context
- Identify barriers to effective communication in different contexts and formulate effective solutions
- Articulate the value of free expression to a democratic society
- Demonstrate sensitivity in communications between and among different groups and individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrate adaptability to changes in communication technology
- Conduct effective independent research
- Communicate in ways consistent with the highest ethical standards of the communications professions
Your Courses in Communication Studies
Stretch your skills while enhancing your understanding of the many aspects of modern communications with your Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies degree. Courses cover several relevant topics, from composition and editing to conflict management and multicultural communications.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (39 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
BA in Communication Studies
Discover the Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies. In this video, Dr. Dan Tinianow, Program Chair of the Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies, explains what you can expect to learn during the degree program and how it will prepare you for a rewarding career in communication studies.
Careers in Communication Studies
When you complete your Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies, you will have what you need to begin a rewarding career in which a breadth of knowledge is a must. Take a look at your potential career options.