Bachelor of Arts in Law Enforcement Administration
Put your future in order with your Bachelor of Arts in Law Enforcement Administration degree online from Ashford University. Develop the character traits you need to be a responsible and ethical leader.
What you will learn
The Bachelor of Arts in Law Enforcement Administration is a specialized online degree program that empowers you to manage and direct police and other law enforcement agencies. You will evaluate guidelines for policing today's communities. You will learn problem solving and communications skills and will develop a greater understanding of diversity. This law enforcement curriculum is designed to provide you with the knowledge you need to maintain social order, protect individual rights, and uphold the laws and institutions of democracy. Upon completion of your Bachelor of Arts in Law Enforcement Administration degree program, you will be able to:
- Develop management and leadership skills appropriate to law enforcement administration
- Evaluate the practices and systems for maintaining individual rights
- Develop an understanding of police responsibility, ethics, and rights
- Analyze criminal behavior
- Demonstrate an understanding of race, crime, and social policy
- Develop an understanding of the character traits necessary for becoming a responsible, moral law enforcement leader
- Evaluate the guidelines for policing in today’s communities
- Create a final project that demonstrates an understanding of research and illustrates critical thinking and clear and concise writing skills
Your Courses in Law Enforcement Administration
Put your career in order with your Bachelor of Arts in Law Enforcement Administration. Your online courses include a wide variety of topics, from race and individual rights to crime and social policy.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (36 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
BA in Law Enforcement Administration
Discover the Bachelor of Arts in Law Enforcement Administration. In this video, Dr. Genea Stephens, Program Chair of the BA in Law Enforcement Administration, explains what you can expect to learn during the degree program and how it will prepare you for a rewarding career in law enforcement administration.
Careers in Law Enforcement Administration
Law enforcement agencies have become increasingly sophisticated and need educated staff with communication, critical thinking, and technology skills to accomplish their mission. Take a look at your potential career options.