Bachelor of Arts in Social and Criminal Justice
Gain a broad-based approach to working with law enforcement and the criminal justice system when you earn your Bachelor of Arts in Social and Criminal Justice degree online from Ashford University. Examine topics in criminal investigations, psychology, crime prevention, terrorism, the correctional system, and law.
What you will learn
The Bachelor of Arts in Social and Criminal Justice degree allows you to investigate both the social and legal sides of working in the criminal justice field. You'll develop additional understanding of the criminal justice system and the impact social issues have on maintaining a just society. Upon completion of the Bachelor of Arts in Social and Criminal Justice degree program, you will be able to:
- Analyze criminal justice issues within the systems of law enforcement, the judiciary, and corrections
- Evaluate the application of the social justice principles of equality, solidarity, and human rights toward building a just society
- Apply knowledge of cultural sensitivity and diversity awareness to social and criminal justice
- Deconstruct the relationship between law enforcement, the judiciary, and corrections
- Interpret the relationship between social justice and criminal justice
- Develop critical perspectives in the study of social and criminal justice by drawing on the fields of criminology, law, philosophy, psychology, science, and sociology
Your Courses in Social and Criminal Justice
In this program you will investigate both the social and legal sides of working in the criminal justice system. By examining topics in forensics, psychology, crime prevention, law, terrorism, the correctional system, and law, you will develop the skills and gain the knowledge needed to build an effective career.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (36 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
BA in Social and Criminal Justice
Discover the Bachelor of Arts in Social and Criminal Justice. In this video, faculty member Shel Silver, Esq. explains what you can expect to learn during the degree program and how it will prepare you for a rewarding career in social and criminal justice.
Careers in Social and Criminal Justice
An education in social and criminal justice allows for a wide range of career opportunities. Take a look at your potential career options.