Associate of Arts in Early Childhood Education
Launch your career when you earn your Associate of Arts in Early Childhood Education (ECE) degree from Ashford University. Prepare young kids for their long-term academic success by taking the first steps toward qualifying for potential opportunities in daycare and preschools. As an early childhood education professional, you will be involved in helping the development of a child’s emotional, social, and educational needs.
What you will learn
Earning an associate degree is your first step in building a foundation for success in the world of childcare. You will focus on important topics in early childhood, such as: development, learning assessment, special learners, and instructional strategy. Upon completion of your associate degree online, you will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of child development, theoretical perspectives, and developmentally appropriate approaches to support the diverse learning needs of every child.
- Determine how assessment data is used to inform curriculum and instructional practices.
- Analyze the components of effective classroom management and high-quality learning environments that are healthy, safe, respectful, supportive, and culturally responsive.
- Describe strategies to promote effective family and community partnerships.
- Identify the professional standards and ethical behaviors necessary to maintain a commitment to professionalism and growth as an early childhood educator.
Your Courses in Early Childhood Education
Take the first step toward breaking into the world of childcare when you embark on your associate degree. Within this 67-credit program, you'll complete general education requirements that you may then transfer toward a Bachelor's degree of your choice, where you can continue your studies with a bachelor’s in early childhood education, or any additional Bachelor’s degree program with Ashford University.
Careers in Early Childhood Education
The field of ECE continues to grow, as it offers a variety of potential job opportunities. With this online associate degree, you will be starting down a career path that will allow you to assist in the education and care of kids typically under the age of eight. The skills you gain from this degree program can help with high-level educational practices that may include:
- Working with a single youth, versus groups of children
- Helping plan and carry out different educational curriculums
- Helping keep record of student progress, from an academic to an emotional level
- Helping organize activities to help the youth learn and grow
Take a look at more specific potential early childhood career options below.
Why Choose an Associate Degree in ECE
Take part in the growth of a child’s fundamental learning experiences. According to the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), a child at age 8 and below goes through their most rapid phase of growth and development. Earning your online associate degree in this field can help you to take part in this growth and development, by giving you a deeper understanding of the needs of developing kids. These skills can help in the facilitation and growth of their self-esteem, world perception, moral outlook, as well as the development of their cognitive skills, as many of these are all established between this age period.
Questions? Request Information
Need more information? You Got It.
Check out the links below to learn more about this degree.