Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Development with Differentiated Instruction
Are you driven by a desire to help children learn, grow, and develop? Early childhood experiences provide the foundation for all future learning and development. The online Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Development with Differentiated Instruction degree from Ashford University will teach you how to support learning and early development for diverse learners. This early childhood development degree is ideal for professionals who are already employed in the early childhood development and learning fields. Be the difference in the life of a child by earning your early childhood development degree online from Ashford.
What you will learn
The Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Development with Differentiated Instruction degree program will help you to understand typical and atypical early childhood development and will provide you with the skills to adapt learning environments to match the abilities of a wide range of students. Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Synthesize theories, processes, and approaches in the study of early child development from diverse perspectives across domains.
- Analyze differentiated instruction theories which address the interrelationship of child, family, and community, and culture on the growth, behavior, and development of children.
- Compile evidence-based strategies that demonstrate an awareness of exceptionalities and cultural diversity within the field of early child development.
- Assess the impact of contemporary issues and trends relating to the field of early child development and their multiple influences on current practice and knowledge.
- Propose diverse models of differentiated instruction and inclusion to emphasize access, participation, and partnerships with children and families.
- Apply professional and ethical practice with national early childhood development standards to include critical thinking, individual, reflection, and collaboration.
Your Courses in Early Childhood Development with Differentiated Instruction
The Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Development with Differentiated Instruction degree from Ashford University will teach you how to support learning and development for diverse early childhood learners. The early childhood development degree covers developmental theories, assessment and intervention, as well as ethics and legal responsibilities. To personalize your education, your early childhood development degree online will also include a specialization.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete an introductory course requirement. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (27 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Specializations in Early Childhood Development with Differentiated Instruction
You will deepen your understanding of Early Childhood Development with Differentiated Instruction when you add a specialization to your degree program. A specialization consists of four (4) courses, each worth three (3) credits. Choose from the following specializations in order to take your early childhood development degree even further:
Careers in Early Childhood Development with Differentiated Instruction
Your Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Development with Differentiated Instruction degree will prepare you to work with young children and their families. You will have the opportunity to use this differentiated instruction philosophy and provide early childhood students with different avenues of learning that best suit their educational needs.