Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education Administration
Break new ground in your education career with your Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education (ECE) Administration from Ashford University. This administration-focused education degree is designed for students interested in applying their knowledge and skills to administrative positions in early childhood education settings. You will find the field of education administration to be highly gratifying as you learn ways to apply your knowledge and skills to manage an educational organization.
What you will learn
Your Bachelor of Arts program prepares you for a career in early childcare administration and management. The curriculum will focus on organizational behavior and management, childhood development, and curricula and program administration. When you complete the required coursework, you will be well acquainted with the education industry, be highly trained in various theories of childhood development, and exhibit advanced organizational management skills. Upon completion of your administration focused degree, you will be able to:
- Summarize principles of child development including cognitive, physical, linguistic, social-emotional and affective domains that define healthy, respectful, supportive, and developmentally stimulating environments for children.
- Design developmentally appropriate teaching strategies to implement professional learning standards and curriculum, focused on meeting the academic and developmental needs of children.
- Justify the goals, benefits, and responsible use of observation, documentation, and assessment strategies in working with families, colleagues, and communities to determine appropriate learning methods for children.
- Analyze effective strategies that focus on collaboration and communication with families, communities, and colleagues to foster positive and supportive relationships that impact learning and development of children.
- Analyze the principles of equity, pedagogy, and inclusivity to meet the needs of typically and atypically developing children, as well as culturally and linguistically diverse, children and their families.
- Promote ethical standards through reflective practice and collaboration, critical application of current research and theories, and identification as an early childhood professional and leader while continually advocating on behalf of children and families.
- Integrate leadership skills by fostering critical decision-making and the process of change to effectively lead and manage early childhood education and care settings.
- Analyze the resources and skills necessary to communicate and implement the fiscal, legal, and ethical requirements of administering a quality child care program.
Your Courses in Early Childhood Education Administration
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Specializations in Early Childhood Education Administration
You may choose to delve into other areas of education administration when you add a specialization to your online degree. A specialization consists of four (4), three (3) credit courses. This ECE administration degree offers a specialization in:
Infant & Toddler Care
A Management-Focused Education Degree
Discover the Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education Administration. In this video, Dr. Jessica Alvarado explains what you can expect to learn during the administration degree program and how it will prepare you for a gratifying career in early education administration.
Careers in Early Childhood Education Administration
When you complete your ECE administration program, you will have what you need to begin a rewarding career in which a breadth of knowledge is a must. Take a look at your potential education administration career options below.
Questions? Request Information
Need more information? You Got It.
Check out the links below to learn more about this degree.