Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education
Did you know that you can earn a degree in early childhood education online? Launch your career as a proponent of education and child development with your bachelor's degree from Ashford University. In this online ECE degree program, you will discover all the wonders of early childhood education as you learn ways to support children during a pivotal time of academic and personal growth. Apply your knowledge and skills to your career while promoting the social, cognitive, and emotional development of children with a degree in early childhood education.
What is Early Childhood Education?
Early childhood education (ECE) is a broad branch of educational theory that encompasses any type of educational program that supports children up until the age of eight. By earning an early childhood education degree online, you will learn how to support children in their most transformative time as their bodies and brains are changing the most. ECE educators set the foundation for children as they develop their social and academic skills, influencing their growth for years to come. Learn more today to begin your journey to becoming an early childhood educator.
What you will learn
Your early childhood education (ECE) degree allows you to complete coursework in childhood development, curricula, and program development. When you complete the required coursework, you will be well acquainted with the education industry, be highly trained in various theories of childhood development, and exhibit advanced instructional skills. Upon completion of your online degree, you will be able to:
- Summarize principles of child development including cognitive, physical, linguistic, social-emotional and affective domains that define healthy, respectful, supportive, and developmentally stimulating environments for children
- Design developmentally appropriate teaching strategies to implement professional learning standards and curriculum, focused on meeting the academic and developmental needs of children
- Justify the goals, benefits, and responsible use of observation, documentation, and assessment strategies in working with families, colleagues, and communities to determine appropriate learning methods for children
- Analyze effective strategies that focus on collaboration and communication with families, communities, and colleagues to foster positive and supportive relationships that impact learning and development of children
- Analyze the principles of equity, pedagogy, and inclusivity to meet the needs of typically and atypically developing
- Promote ethical standards through reflective practice and collaboration, critical application of current research and theories, and identification as an early childhood professional and leader while continually advocating on behalf of children and families
Your Courses in Early Childhood Education
Strengthen your skills while enhancing your understanding of the many aspects of children's development and learning. Courses cover several relevant topics, from children's development and language acquisition to the impact of parents and communities on childhood education. You can also add a specialization to your early childhood education degree to provide further focus to your studies.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (42 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Specializations in Early Childhood Education
You may choose to delve into other areas of early childhood education when you add a specialization to your bachelor’s degree. A specialization consists of four (4), three (3) credit courses. The Early Childhood Education program includes a specialization in Infant and Toddler Care.
Infant & Toddler Care
Careers in Early Childhood Education
Similar to other online education degrees, when you complete your Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education, you will have what you need to begin a rewarding career in which a breadth of knowledge is a must. Take a look at your potential ECE career options below.
Early Childhood Education Discover the Fast-Growing Field
This early childhood education online degree will provide you with many of the foundational concepts used in the ECE field, and can help take your skills to the next level of your career. Being an early childhood educator can be a rewarding field for many different reasons. As the population increases, so does the need for educating the youth. This is a constantly growing area that is always in demand, and being able to support the growth of children can leave an everlasting impact on our society. If you are inspired by educating others and being a role model to children, then consider pursuing a degree focused on early childhood education.
Need more information? You Got It.
Check out the links below to learn more about this degree.