Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education
Launch your career as a proponent of education and child development with your Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education from Ashford University. In this degree program, you will discover all the wonder of early childhood education as you learn ways to apply your knowledge and skills to your career.
What you will learn
Your early childhood education (ECE) degree allows you to complete coursework in childhood development, curricula, and program development. When you complete the required coursework, you will be well acquainted with the education industry, be highly trained in various theories of childhood development, and exhibit advanced instructional skills. Upon completion of your online early childhood education degree, you will be able to:
- Summarize principles of child development including cognitive, physical, linguistic, social-emotional and affective domains that define healthy, respectful, supportive, and developmentally stimulating environments for children
- Design developmentally appropriate teaching strategies to implement professional learning standards and curriculum, focused on meeting the academic and developmental needs of children
- Justify the goals, benefits, and responsible use of observation, documentation, and assessment strategies in working with families, colleagues, and communities to determine appropriate learning methods for children
- Analyze effective strategies that focus on collaboration and communication with families, communities, and colleagues to foster positive and supportive relationships that impact learning and development of children
- Analyze the principles of equity, pedagogy, and inclusivity to meet the needs of typically and atypically developing
- Promote ethical standards through reflective practice and collaboration, critical application of current research and theories, and identification as an early childhood professional and leader while continually advocating on behalf of children and families
Your Courses in Early Childhood Education
Strengthen your skills while enhancing your understanding of the many aspects of children's development and education. Courses cover several relevant topics, from children's development and language acquisition to the impact of parents and communities on childhood education. You can also add a specialization to your degree to provide further focus to your studies.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (42 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Specializations in Early Childhood Education
You may choose to delve into other areas of early childhood education when you add a specialization to your early childhood education degree program. A specialization consists of four (4), three (3) credit courses. The Early Childhood Education program includes a specialization in Infant and Toddler Care.
Infant & Toddler Care
BA in Early Childhood Education
According to Dr. Jessica Alvarado, Chair of the BA in Early Childhood Education program, this program acquaints students with the education industry, various theories of childhood development, organizational management concepts. In this video, Dr. Alvarado explains how the program prepares students with the knowledge they need for this exciting field.Start Now