Bachelor of Arts in
An online degree in Education Studies from Ashford University can be a gateway to beginning a career for those interested in working with learners in any of the following settings: business, public sector, education, childcare, recreation centers, non-profit organizations, health & human services, counseling, social work, psychology, sociology, and career services.
What you will learn
The Bachelor of Arts in Education Studies degree builds a strong foundation for you and develops your instructional skills – including communication, group behavior, and human development. Your online courses cover topics from phonics and English language learners to curriculum and child development. You will learn to adapt instructions to meet the unique needs of diverse learners. Upon completion of your Bachelor of Arts in Education Studies degree program, you will be able to:
- Design effective curriculum, instruction and assessment to meet the needs of diverse learners
- Demonstrate knowledge of child and adolescent development in the cognitive, social, physical, and emotional domains
- Identify the unique needs of special learners and adapt curriculum and instruction to meet these needs
- Apply alignment practices of standards, instruction and assessment to identified academic, district and state standards, goals and priorities as part of the planning and material selection process
- Apply foundational research skills to a topic of interest in an area of education
BA in Education Studies
Discover the Bachelor of Arts in Education Studies. In this video, Undergraduate Department Chair Dr. Newton Miller explains what you can expect to learn during the degree program and how it will prepare you for a rewarding career in education studies.
Careers in Education Studies
Prepare yourself for a rewarding future. Many professional careers, such as Teaching Assistants and Teaching Aides, begin with a Bachelor of Arts in Education Studies degree. Take a look at your potential career options.
Specializations in Education Studies
You may choose to delve into other areas of education studies when you add a specialization to your education studies degree program. A specialization consists of four (4), three (3) credit courses. Choose from the following specializations:
Early Childhood Education
Education and Public Policy
English Language Learner Studies
Your Courses in Education Studies
Achieve your Bachelor of Arts in Education Studies from Ashford University, and take the first step toward becoming an educator. Your online courses cover topics from phonics and English language learners to curriculum and child development. You can also add a specialization to your degree to provide further focus to your studies.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (36 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)