Bachelor of Arts in Library Science and Media
Locate yourself in the world of information with a library science degree from Ashford University. Gain the know-how to evaluate technology for effective instructional delivery. Demonstrate your research skills and your ability to support information acquisition through this growing field of study in library sciences.
What you will learn
The Bachelor of Arts in Library Science and Media demonstrates your academic research skills and your ability to support information acquisition. In this degree program, you will study the application of technology to support learning and information access. The evolving role of librarians and the training necessary to become 21st century information experts will be explored through coursework in this bachelor's degree program. Upon completion of the Bachelor of Arts in Library Science and Media degree, you will be able to:
- Apply the concepts and tools of inquiry to create learning environments and experiences to include multiple environments
- Evaluate technology tools and applications for effective instructional delivery and research applications
- Create learning opportunities that are adapted to diverse learners and cultures
- Analyze media, literature and materials for inclusion in specific settings and programs, including multiple modalities
- Develop research skills and strategies to support accurate, efficient and appropriate information acquisition
Your Courses in Library Science and Media
Locate yourself in the world of information with your Bachelor of Arts in Library Science and Media. Your online courses include such topics as cognition, instructional design, and literature for children and teens.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (33 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Careers in Library Science and Media
Just a few of the many career opportunities you could pursue after you earn your library science degree online, these include: Webmaster, Archivist, and Library Aid. Take a look at your potential career options.