Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education Leadership
Break new ground in a growing field and break through to future generations of young students with your Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education Leadership from Ashford University. This online degree program will prepare you for leadership roles in early learning, as you evaluate and refine strategies and curricula used in early childhood settings.
What you will learn
The Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education Leadership program prepares professionals in early childhood education to address the developmental needs of young children in a variety of settings using ethical practice, innovative technology, and research-based advocacy. When you successfully complete the Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education Leadership degree program, you will be able to:
- Evaluate evidence-based theories and strategies aligned with early development and learning needs to support high quality learning environments
- Assess effective communication and collaboration strategies to positively influence partnerships with community agencies and families with young children
- Evaluate early childhood curricula designed to promote development and learning across all domains of development
- Evaluate effective assessment and evaluation strategies, tools, and procedures designed to improve outcomes for young children, families, and programs
- Design discipline-specific action research based on relevant theory and research methodology
- Propose ethical solutions that promote educational transformation in the field of early childhood education
- Construct a personal definition of leadership as an early childhood education professional
Your Courses in Early Childhood Education Leadership
The Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education Leadership will give you a greater understanding of child development and the multiple influences on learning. Your courses will increase your knowledge of the foundations, functions, and current challenges in the field of early childhood education.
Major Course Requirements (30 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Careers in Early Childhood Education Leadership
Pursuing your Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education Leadership can prepare you for larger opportunities within this growing field.