Master of Science in Instructional Design and Technology
A growing number of businesses across multiple industries look to instructional designers to create new standards for employee training and education. Your curriculum in the online Master of Science in Instructional Design and Technology from Ashford University has been developed from the Instructional Designer Competencies developed and validated by the International Board of Standards for Training, Performance, and Instruction (ibstpi®). Your project-based curriculum connects theoretical concepts to real-world applications as you develop and design learning solutions to address identified needs and problems, tailor coursework to individual design interests, and build a professional instructional design ePortfolio.
What you will learn
The mission of the master’s degree in instructional design and technology prepares professionals to serve varied audiences in diverse educational contexts in the areas of effective learning analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation in a project-based curriculum that connects theoretical concepts to real-world applications.
Upon completion of the Ashford instructional design and technology program, you will be able to:
- Apply fundamental research and communication skills into the instructional design process using instructional designer professional foundations
- Conduct comprehensive needs and instructional analyses as part of a learning project including an examination of target populations, environmental and learning characteristics, instructional materials, and multi-media and adaptive technologies
- Create learning and performance solutions using learning theory, instructional design techniques and strategies to meet the needs of diverse learners and purposes
- Implement and Evaluate learning and performance solutions based on instructional design proposals and learning projects
- Model instructional designer management skills throughout the instructional design process
Your Courses in Instructional Design and Technology
Create educational experiences with your Master of Science in Instructional Design and Technology. Your instructional design courses cover the analysis, design, research, development, and evaluation of instructional programs.
Major Course Requirements (36 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Careers in Instructional Design and Technology
When you graduate with your online master’s degree in instructional design and technology, you will be prepared to create and design learning experiences for students of all ages and training programs for businesses of all sizes.
Questions? Request Information
Need more information? You Got It.
Check out the links below to learn more about this degree.