Which Master’s in Education Should I Get?
By Ashford University Staff
Pursuing a career in education can lead to a life where you not only inspire others, but also learn and find inspiration of your own.
At Ashford University, the College of Education offers six master’s degree programs, designed to help you take on a gratifying career as an educational leader and guiding instructor.
List of Master’s Degrees in Education: Which Program is Right for You?
Each of the master’s degree programs in education offered at Ashford focuses on a different path within education. These specialized programs give you the concentrated knowledge you need to take on a competitive market as you pursue your specific interests. So, which education degree program is right for you?
Master of Arts in Education
The Master of Arts in Education degree program is designed to prepare the future educational leader in the areas that will carry the most impact in your career, from designing curriculum to assessing and promoting students’ learning. Upon completion of the degree program, you will be able to:
- Design learning experiences informed by analysis of how learners develop individually across the cognitive, linguistic, social, emotional, and physical patterns to promote student learning and growth
- Employ instructional practices aligned with learner strengths and differences to promote student learning in a collaborative and inclusive learning environment
Master of Arts in Special Education
The Master of Arts in Special Education degree program provides you with guidance and experience to help every student learn their best way, assisting special education students in reaching their full potential. Upon completion of the degree program, you will be able to:
- Design appropriate learning experiences for students with exceptionalities that are informed by diverse cultural experiences and varied patterns of learning and development
- Plan learning experiences that promote individualized academic and social abilities and career options for students with exceptionalities
Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education Leadership
The Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education Leadership degree program prepares you to address the developmental needs of young children using ethical practices and innovative technology. Upon completion of the degree program, you will be able to:
- Evaluate early childhood curricula designed to promote development and learning
- Implement and evaluate strategies, tools, and procedures designed to improve outcomes for young children
Learn more about the Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education Leadership degree program and the field of early childhood education.
Master of Arts in Teaching and Learning with Technology
The Master of Arts in Teaching and Learning with Technology degree program prepares you to be an educator in the 21st century, focused on designing and facilitating ethnological classroom instruction to empower students with technology. Upon completion of the degree program, you will be able to:
- Create strategies for safe, legal, and ethical use of digital information and technology
- Propose solutions for equitable access to digital tools and technology
Learn more about the Master of Arts in Teaching and Learning with Technology program and the benefits of earning a degree in education technology.
Master of Science in Instructional Design and Technology
The Master of Science in Instructional Design and Technology degree program prepares you to take training and education beyond the classroom and into the work space to educate learners of all ages. Upon completion of the degree program, you will be able to:
- Organize instructional programs and/or products to be designed, developed, and evaluated
- Plan, design, and evaluate instructional and non-instructional interventions
Learn more about the Master of Science in Instructional Design and Technology program and the value of a degree in instructional design and technology.
Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction
The Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction degree program prepares you to design modern curricula and impactful instruction, aligning new technologies and cultural relevance to best educate the students of tomorrow. Upon completion of the degree program, you will be able to:
- Design student-centered learning opportunities, assessments, and curriculum aligned with 21st century learning standards
- Appraise qualities of effective curricula and technology designed to include a variety of learners and abilities in inclusive settings
Learn more about the Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction degree program.
What Jobs Can You Get with an Education Degree?
Being part of a focused program can give you specific preparation in your fields of interest, helping you stand out in the market and enhance your long-term career. Here are a few opportunities in which a master’s degree in education can set you up to succeed:
- Program Director
- Dean of Students
- School Board Member
- Educational Consultant
- Education Policy Analyst
- Assistive Technology Specialist
- Behavior Interventionist
- Gifted and Talented Specialist
- Inclusion Specialist
- Early Childhood, Child Care Center or Multisite Administrator
- Early Head Start, Child Care Center, Preschool, Education or Executive Director
- Education Coordinator
- Early Childhood Care Consultant
- Parent Educator or Advocate
- Early Childhood Director
- Corporate Training
- Postsecondary Teaching
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Design Manager
- Learning & Development Specialist
- Learning Development Strategist
- Media Collections Director
- Technical Services Specialist
- Training & Development Specialist
- Curriculum Specialist
- Curriculum and Instruction Director
- Curriculum and Assessment Director
- Training and Development Coordinator/Director
- Staff Training and Development Manager
Online Master’s in Education at Ashford
All master’s programs in the College of Education allow you to take on one six-week course at a time and access classes from anywhere, at any time. By getting your degree online, you have the flexibility you need to study and grow your career without disrupting your daily life.
Ashford University offers 24/7 tech support as well as faculty support, making your time as a student that much more impactful, enjoyable, and achievable. Our faculty are well-trained and have real-world experience, bringing with them important lessons and tactics from the workspace into the classroom.
Have additional questions related to a master’s degree in education? Talk to an Ashford University advisor who can help provide additional details on each program.
Written by Ashford University Staff