MeLisa Rogers, PhD
Dr. MeLisa Rogers, is an Assistant Professor and Core Faculty member in the Forbes School of Business & Technology at Ashford University.
Dr. Rogers is a recognized speaker and leader in the HR field, having earned the SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential. Additionally, she is a Certified Professional Behavioral Analyst with Target Training International (TTI), one of the most accurate and widely used temperament tools in the industry today, and holds certifications in leadership development through Vital Learning, Achieve Global and Development Dimensions International. She has also demonstrated her commitment to educational quality by earning certifications as a QM Peer Reviewer and Applying the QM Rubric through Quality Matters.
Dr. Rogers holds a PhD with an emphasis in Training and Performance Improvement from Capella University, a Master of Science in Human Resource Development from Pittsburg State University, and a Bachelor of Science in Agriculture with an emphasis in Education from Texas A&M University – College Station.
Dr. Rogers has more than 30 years of HR / HRD experience in Fortune 500 organizations. Her experience is marked by start-ups, mergers, and a diverse range of industries including call center, food processing, electrical distribution, education and nonprofits. She started on the ground floor as an Operations / Quality Supervisor and ultimately was promoted to roles as HR Manager, Sr. HR Manager, and Organizational Development Manager. In these roles, she implemented management development programs, effective recruitment / retention strategies, human resources information technology systems (HRIS) and change initiatives that led to increased production and efficiency of operations while improving employee engagement and loyalty.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional, Society of Human Resource Management, (SHRM-SCP)
- QM Peer Reviewer, Quality Matters
- Applying the QM Rubric, Quality Matters
- Certified DISCstyles Communication Consultant, Profiling Pro
- Certified Professional Behavior Analyst, Target Training International
- Certified DISC Administrator, Profiling Pro
- Vital Learning Supervisory Program Facilitator, Vital Learning
- Achieve Global – Certified Leadership Facilitator
- Development Dimensions International - Certified Leadership Facilitator