Bachelor of Arts in Gerontology
Serve the growing senior population with your Bachelor of Arts in Gerontology degree from Ashford University. This online degree program demonstrates your comprehension of the physical, social, spiritual, and psychological aspects of aging and longevity.
What you will learn
The Bachelor of Arts in Gerontology provides a foundation of the biological, psychological, social, spiritual, and developmental aspects of aging and longevity. A multidisciplinary perspective encourages you to explore the needs of the growing population of senior citizens and their impact on society. Analyze the legal, ethical, and financial factors that influence retirees' independence. You will examine emerging service delivery models for the aged. Upon completion of your Bachelor of Arts in Gerontology degree program, you will be able to:
- Examine interdisciplinary aspects of aging
- Analyze social policy and the aging continuum
- Examine legal, ethical, and financial factors influencing aging independence
- Examine social support service models for the aging
- Analyze multicultural perspectives on aging
- Analyze the mental, physical, social, spiritual, and developmental aspects of aging
- Analyze contemporary theory and research in gerontology
- Analyze the aging population demographics relative to the impact on society past, present, and future
- Examine emerging service delivery models for the aging
Your Courses in Gerontology
Grow your career with your Bachelor of Arts in Gerontology from Ashford University. Your courses cover several topics, from mental well-being, to social policy, to demographics and diversity in aging.
Major Course Requirements (36 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Specializations in Gerontology
You may choose to delve into other areas of gerontology when you add a specialization to your gerontology degree program. A specialization consists of four (4), three (3) credit courses. The Gerontology program offers a specialization in Health Care Informatics Systems.
Health Care Informatics Systems
BA in Gerontology
Discover the Bachelor of Arts in Gerontology. In this video, Assistant Professor Dr. Nina Bell explains what you can expect to learn during the degree program and how it will prepare you for a rewarding career in gerontology.
Careers in Gerontology
The Bachelor of Arts in Gerontology degree program can prepare you to work with an aging population in a wide variety of settings including nursing homes, retirement centers, senior centers, and community mental health agencies. Take a look at your potential career options.