Bachelor of Arts in Health Education
Share your skills and make a difference with your Bachelor of Arts in Health Education from Ashford University. If you dream of helping people prevent disease and improve their health, then this online degree program is for you.
What you will learn
In the Bachelor of Arts in Health Education you identify and explore the theoretical and practical issues encountered by health educators, while learning the skills you need to apply health education principles to health challenges facing individuals, groups, and communities. You will learn best practices for planning, executing, and evaluating health solutions to improve well-being in a multicultural society. Upon completion of your Bachelor of Arts in Health Education degree program, you will be able to:
- Examine the individual and community needs for health education
- Examine the impact of social and cultural factors in health education planning, delivery, and evaluation
- Analyze research in health education
- Identify elements of effective health education
- Differentiate tools health educators use to bring about health change
- Examine the interrelationships between physical, social, mental, and cultural forces in the etiology of disease
- Examine behavior change theories and models in the context of health education
- Apply measures of individual and community health needs to health education planning, delivery, and evaluation
Your Courses in Health Education
Share your skills with your Bachelor of Arts in Health Education. Your online coursework covers nutrition, alternative medicine, and behavior modification. You can also add a specialization to your degree to provide further focus to your studies.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (36 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Specializations in Health Education
You may choose to delve into other areas of health education when you add a specialization to your health education degree program. A specialization consists of four (4) courses, three (3) credit courses.
Health Care Informatics Systems
BA in Health Education
Discover the Bachelor of Arts in Health Education. In this video, Assistant Professor/Program Chair Dr. Nina Bell explains what you can expect to learn during the degree program and how it will prepare you for a rewarding career in health education.
Careers in Health Education
When you complete your Bachelor of Arts in Health Education degree, you will be prepared for a health education career in which a broad background in health is a must. This generalist degree will help prepare you for a wide array of non-clinical, non-managerial positions. Take a look at your potential career options.