Bachelor of Arts in Health and Human Services
Equip yourself to work in the helping professions and become focused on serving and assisting others when you earn your human services degree online from Ashford University. This human services degree prepares you to provide health and human services to diverse populations of all ages. Learning is geared toward enhancing the physical health, mental health, and social needs of individuals, families, and communities living in multiclass, multiethnic, and multicultural environments.
What you will learn
Your bachelor's degree in human services is an interdisciplinary degree program that prepares you for diverse entry-level positions in health and human services. This online degree focuses on the delivery of health and human services to diverse populations, in the context of the political, socioeconomic, psychosocial, and regulatory environment. You will develop strong communication skills and learn the role of technology in health and human services. Upon completion of your degree in human services, you will be able to:
- Analyze health and human services delivery from political, socioeconomic, and psychosocial perspectives
- Evaluate social and human delivery systems at the individual, family, group, organization, and community levels
- Analyze social problems within the context of healthcare environments
- Evaluate ethical issues and challenges inherent in the provision of health and human services, and service provision
- Analyze human behaviors within the health and human services context
- Evaluate human services issues, challenges, and interventions
- Discuss the provision of health and human services from multi-cultural perspectives
- Identify effective communication components and strategies with diverse health and human services constituents
Your Courses in Health and Human Services
Revitalize your career with a degree in human services! In this curriculum, you will learn about the US healthcare system, as well as medical ethics and law. Your human services courses cover subjects from community health to special populations. You can also add a specialization to your human services degree to provide further focus to your studies.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (36 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Specializations in Health and Human Services
Careers in Health and Human Services
When you complete your bachelor’s in human services, you will have what you need to seek entry into non-clinical and non-management health positions. This online degree could be your ticket into this fast-growing field. Take a look at your potential human services career options.
Questions? Request Information
Need more information? You Got It.
Check out the links below to learn more about this degree.