Bachelor of Arts in Health and Human Services
Work in the helping professions to serve and assist people when you earn your Bachelor of Arts in Health and Human Services degree online from Ashford University. This degree prepares you to provide health and human services to diverse populations of all ages.
What you will learn
Your Bachelor of Arts in Health and Human Services degree is an interdisciplinary degree program that prepares you for diverse entry-level positions in health and human services. This degree focuses on delivery of health and human services to diverse populations, in the context of the political, socioeconomic, psychosocial, and regulatory environment. You will develop strong communication skills and learn the role of technology in health and human services. Upon completion of your Bachelor of Arts in Health and Human Services degree program, you will be able to:
- Analyze health and human services delivery from political, socioeconomic, and psychosocial perspectives
- Evaluate social and human delivery systems at the individual, family, group, organization, and community levels
- Analyze social problems within the context of health care environments
- Evaluate ethical issues and challenges inherent in the provision of health and human services, and service provision
- Analyze human behaviors within the health and human services context
- Evaluate health and human services issues, challenges, and interventions
- Discuss the provision of health and human services from multi-cultural perspectives
- Identify effective communication components and strategies with diverse health and human services constituents
BA in Health and Human Services
Discover the Bachelor of Arts in Health and Human Services. In this video, Dr. Micheal Weuste explains what you can expect to learn during the degree program and how it will prepare you for a rewarding career in health and human services.
Your Courses in Health and Human Services
Revitalize your career! In this curriculum, you will learn about the US health care system, as well as medical ethics and law. Your courses cover subjects from community health to special populations. You can also add a specialization to your degree to provide further focus to your studies.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (36 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Specializations in Health and Human Services
You may choose to delve into other areas of health and human services when you add a specialization to your Health and Human Services degree program. A specialization consists of four (4), three (3) credit courses. Choose from the following specializations:
Health Care Informatics Systems
Careers in Health and Human Services
When you complete your Bachelor of Arts in Health and Human Services degree program, you will have what you need to seek entry into non-clinical and non-management health positions. This degree could be your ticket into this fast-growing field. Take a look at your potential career options.