Bachelor of Science in Human Services Leadership
Make the world a better place with your Bachelor of Science in Human Services Leadership degree from Ashford University. The degree program will prepare you to lead human services organizations as they work to prevent and resolve the most pressing problems facing vulnerable populations in our society. You will develop your social services skills and learn how to address the changing needs of increasingly diverse communities. Become a leader who inspires positive change.
What you will learn
Coursework for the Bachelor of Science in Human Services Leadership degree program aligns with the national standards for human service education outlined by the Council for Standards in Human Service Education and the human services management competencies established by The Network for Social Work Management. The primary objective of the program is to prepare human services professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to promote effective service delivery and program management with increased attention to planning and governance. Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Analyze the delivery of social and community services from a political, socioeconomic, and psychosocial perspective to inform human services leadership decision-making.
- Apply ethical and cultural sensitivity as a human services leader in determining the scope and provision of human services for a variety of populations.
- Evaluate local social and human services and program offerings at the individual, family, group, organization, and community levels.
- Analyze ethical issues and challenges inherent in the administration and provision of human services from a leadership perspective.
- Examine the development and management of community-based human services programs that support children, adolescents, adults, and families.
- Originate research-based projects and develop proposals to implement public policy in the Human Services context.
Your Courses in Human Services Leadership
The curriculum for the Bachelor of Science in Human Services Leadership degree focuses on skills related to both social work and organizational leadership. The degree program covers health and human services, public administration, economics, psychology, statistics, communication, and more.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete an introductory course requirement. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements
(57 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Careers in Human Services Leadership
Your Bachelor of Science in Human Services Leadership degree program will prepare you to lead organizations that are confronting some of the most challenging social issues in the world today. Take a look at your potential Human Services Leadership career options.