Bachelor of Science in Human Services Leadership
Make the world a better place with your Bachelor of Science in Human Services Leadership degree from Ashford University. The degree program will prepare you to lead and manage human services organizations as they work to prevent and resolve the most pressing problems facing vulnerable populations in our society. You will develop your social services skills and learn how to address the changing needs of increasingly diverse communities. Become a leader who inspires positive change.
What you will learn
Coursework for the Bachelor of Science in Human Services Leadership degree program aligns with the national standards for human service education outlined by the Council for Standards in Human Service Education. The primary objective of this degree that is tailored to human services management the program is to prepare human services professionals with the knowledge and leadership skills necessary to promote effective service delivery and program management with increased attention to planning and governance. Upon completion of your human services degree, you will be able to:
- Analyze and manage the delivery of social and community services from a political, socioeconomic, and psychosocial perspective to inform human services leadership decision-making.
- Apply ethical and cultural sensitivity as a human services management leader in determining the scope and provision of human services for a variety of populations.
- Evaluate local social and human services and program offerings at the individual, family, group, organization, and community levels.
- Analyze ethical issues and challenges inherent in the administration and provision of human services from a leadership and management perspective.
- Examine the development and management of community-based human services programs that support children, adolescents, adults, and families.
- Originate and manage research-based projects and develop proposals to implement public policy in the Human Services context.
Your Courses in Human Services Leadership
The curriculum for the Bachelor of Science in Human Services Leadership degree focuses on skills related to both the management of social services and organizational leadership. The degree program This BS in human services covers health and human services, public administration, economics, psychology, statistics, communication, and more, in order to give you the necessary skills to be a positive leader in human services management.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete an introductory course requirement. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements
(57 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Careers in Human Services Leadership
Your Bachelor of Science in Human Services Leadership degree will prepare you to lead and manage organizations that are confronting some of the most challenging social issues in the world today. Take a look at your potential Human Services Leadership career options below, and discover how leading and managing human services organizations can be an inspiring career option.
Career in Human Services Beginning or Continuing
Whether you have current human services experience or are new to the field, pursuing a career in human services management is a great opportunity for those who are passionate about leading and managing other inspired individuals. This BS in human services is tailored to teach you the skills needed to take your human services career to a management and leadership level. Human services organizations need someone with the skills to manage and direct others in order to create organizational success and keep work flowing efficiently. If you are interested in the field of human services and are inspired by managing and leading others, then consider pursuing a degree focused on human services leadership.
Questions? Request Information
Need more information? You Got It.
Check out the links below to learn more about this degree.