Master of Arts in Health Care Administration
Why Choose an Online Master’s Healthcare Administration Degree
Improve the experience of healthcare providers and patients by taking your place in a fast-growing and innovative industry. Make moves to advance your career by pursuing your master’s degree in healthcare administration online, from Ashford University.
The Master of Arts in Health Care Administration can empower professionals to assume leadership positions in healthcare organizations while making a beneficial impact on the world. The skills and knowledge you can obtain from an online MHA at Ashford University can unlock a variety of opportunities. Take your current healthcare career to the next level with an online MHA degree. This program can help you develop the skills needed to advance to a leadership position, and it can prepare you for management roles and responsibilities in the healthcare industry.
What you will learn
Our online MHA program will incorporate integration and application of healthcare theories and concepts across the domains of organized healthcare. Topics addressed throughout the online MHA curriculum include: finance, economics, leadership, quality improvement, risk management, health policy, law, ethics, strategic planning, information systems, statistical reasoning, and human resources. Upon completion of Ashford’s online master’s healthcare administration degree, you will be able to:
- Apply health care financial and accounting concepts in organizational decision making
- Apply principles of leadership in the developing of strategic goals, achieving organizational outcomes, and modeling professional values
- Formulate health care decisions consistent with legal and ethical standards
- Utilize health care information technology and statistical reasoning in organizational planning and decision-making
- Demonstrate sensitivity to diversity in the health care setting
- Evaluate health care outcomes using quality improvement and risk standards
- Apply health care economic perspectives in the interpretation of health policy
- Apply problem-solving approaches in the resolution of health care issues
- Communicate the responsibility of a health care professional remaining current in their professional knowledge
Your Courses in Health Care Administration
Earn your Master of Arts in Health Care Administration from Ashford University. Deepen the value of your services with the expertise that derives from an advanced degree. The online courses in this graduate curriculum are taught by advanced-degree faculty with real-world experience in the subjects they teach.
Major Course Requirements (36 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Careers in Health Care Administration
When you graduate with your online master’s healthcare administration degree, you will be prepared for a career that requires both a broad background of healthcare information and specialized knowledge in your desired niche. With all the advances in medical technology and federal regulation changes, your new skills could help propel you into a fulfilling career in healthcare administration. Take a look at your potential career options below and see how an online master’s in healthcare administration degree can take your passion to the next level.
Questions? Request Information
An Online MHA Degree That Fits Your Schedule
Earning an online master’s healthcare administration degree is great if you have child care obligations or are currently working in a full or part time job, as it allows you to continue with your responsibilities and attend school at the same time. Explore the links below to learn more about how a master's degree from Ashford University can fit into your schedule.