Master of Arts in Health Care Administration
Take your place at the cutting edge of the vital health care industry by pursuing your Master of Arts in Health Care Administration degree online from Ashford University. The Master of Arts in Health Care Administration empowers professionals to assume leadership positions in health care organizations.
What you will learn
The program incorporates integration and application of health care theories and concepts across the domains of organized health care. Topics addressed throughout the curriculum include: finance, economics, leadership, quality improvement, risk management, health policy, law, ethics, strategic planning, information systems, statistical reasoning, and human resources. Upon completion of the Master of Arts in Health Care Administration degree program, you will be able to:
- Apply health care financial and accounting concepts in organizational decision making
- Apply principles of leadership in the developing of strategic goals, achieving organizational outcomes, and modeling professional values
- Formulate health care decisions consistent with legal and ethical standards
- Utilize health care information technology and statistical reasoning in organizational planning and decision-making
- Demonstrate sensitivity to diversity in the health care setting
- Evaluate health care outcomes using quality improvement and risk standards
- Apply health care economic perspectives in the interpretation of health policy
- Apply problem-solving approaches in the resolution of health care issues
- Communicate the responsibility of a health care professional remaining current in their professional knowledge
Your Courses in Health Care Administration
Earn your Master of Arts in Health Care Administration from Ashford University. Deepen the value of your services with the expertise that derives from an advanced degree. The online courses in this graduate curriculum are taught by advanced-degree faculty with real-world experience in the subjects they teach.
Major Course Requirements (36 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Careers in Health Care Administration
When you graduate with your Master of Arts in Health Care Administration, you will be prepared for a career in which a broad background and specialized knowledge are required. Take a look at your potential career options.