Bachelor of Arts in Business Information Systems
Manage your future in information technology! Build a repository of skills in the modern business environment with an IACBE accredited Bachelor of Arts in Business Information Systems degree from Ashford University. The Bachelor of Arts in Business Information Systems degree program enables graduates to understand the interaction, planning, development, and operations of information systems and information sharing within a business or organization. Scholarships are also available.
What Is Business Information Systems?
A business information systems degree blends core concepts from a traditional business administration degree and a technology related degree. These concepts can include management, operations, and information systems. All businesses contain information related to their products and internal structure. With this degree, you will learn how to comprise this business information through technology. This business information systems degree is directed toward real-world applications in the business world and is less theoretical than a traditional information systems degree. Learn how to formulate and develop business-strategic plans while aligning information system principles with business strategies. This online degree is for individuals who want to work with computers while specifically utilizing them to design, build, and evaluate business-related information systems.
What you will learn
Your business information systems courses focus on information technology planning, networking, e-business strategies, strategic data utilization, and business management, as well as problem-solving and leadership in designing, developing, and implementing new or existing information systems within businesses and organizations. Upon completion of your business information systems degree, you will be able to:
- Apply analytical, logical, and critical thinking abilities in the development of effective business information systems solutions
- Evaluate information systems and enterprise solutions appropriate to meet presented business challenges
- Compare and contrast the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, providers, and society
- Develop alternative information systems solutions appropriate for addressing business problems
- Evaluate processes that support the delivery and management of information systems within the business application environment
- Apply business knowledge to make responsible decisions when addressing professional, ethical, legal, and social issues and responsibilities relevant to the Information Technology discipline
- Employ collaborative team skills to accomplish a common business goal.
Your Courses in Business Information Systems
Coursework in this information systems degree includes database management, systems analysis, technology planning, programming concepts, business law, and procurement.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (45 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
BA in Business Information Systems
Big business relies on big data and the information systems professionals who protect and maintain data. Dr. Karen Ivy, Chair of the bachelor’s in business information systems, explains how the online degree prepares students for information systems careers in this video.
Careers in Business Information Systems
When you complete your business information systems degree, you will have what you need to begin any number of careers in which diverse business and technology knowledge is a must. By blending technological systems with the appropriate business knowledge, you will have desirable skills that are applicable to many of today’s organizations. Take a look at your potential career options below.
The Bachelor of Arts in Business Information Systems degree is IACBE accredited.
Need more information? You Got It.
Check out the links below to learn more about this degree.