Bachelor of Arts in Business Information Systems
Manage your future in information technology! Build a repository of skills in the modern business environment with an IACBE accredited Bachelor of Arts in Business Information Systems degree from Ashford University. The Bachelor of Arts in Business Information Systems program enables graduates to understand the interaction, planning, development, and operations of information systems and information sharing within a business or organization.
What you will learn
Courses focus on information technology planning, networking, e-business strategies, strategic data utilization, and business management, as well as problem solving and leadership in designing, developing, and implementing new or existing information systems within businesses and organizations. Upon completion of the Bachelor of Arts in Business Information Systems degree program, you will be able to:
- Apply analytical, logical, and critical thinking abilities in the development of effective information systems solutions
- Evaluate information systems and enterprise solutions appropriate to meet presented business challenges
- Compare and contrast the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, providers, and society
- Develop alternative information systems solutions appropriate for addressing business problems
- Evaluate processes that support the delivery and management of information systems within the business application environment
- Apply knowledge to make responsible decisions when addressing professional, ethical, legal, and social issues and responsibilities relevant to the Information Technology discipline
- Employ collaborative team skills to accomplish a common goal.
BA in Business Information Systems
Big business relies on big data and the information systems professionals who protect and maintain data. Dr. Karen Ivy, Chair of the BA in Business Information Systems program, explains how the program prepares students for IS careers in this video.
Your Courses in Business Information Systems
Coursework in the Bachelor of Arts in Business Information Systems degree program includes database management, systems analysis, technology planning, programming concepts, business law, and procurement.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (45 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Careers in Business Information Systems
When you complete your Bachelor of Arts in Business Information Systems degree, you will have what you need to begin any number of careers in which diverse knowledge is a must. Take a look at your potential career options.
The Bachelor of Arts in Business Information Systems degree is IACBE accredited.