Bachelor of Science in Computer Software Technology
Bring technological expertise to any organization with the Bachelor of Science in Computer Software Technology. Computer software technology is an accumulation of information technology, software engineering, and computer science. Pursuing a computer software technology degree will give you the opportunity to explore these various aspects of the software technology industry. The degree covers all stages of the software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, software design patterns, software development, software testing, and software project management. Built on a solid foundation of mathematics and computer programming, this Bachelor of Science degree will teach you how to develop and maintain software technology systems that are affordable, behave reliably and efficiently, and satisfy all customer requirements. Build the technical skills to create quality software technology products and the business knowledge to implement the computer software effectively.
What you will learn
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Software Technology degree program blends theory and practice to give a thorough knowledge of the field and a foundation for future growth. The computer technology program focuses on the foundations of computer software technology, including areas such as requirements gathering, design patterns, computer software development & testing, project management, and software development lifecycle. If you successfully complete the Bachelor of Science in Computer Software Technology degree program, you will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, computing, and scientific methods to system components and process development that meet requirement constraints in the software application domain.
- Employ professionalism, ethics, and social responsibility values related to computer software technology tasks and projects.
- Identify the computer software requirements that meet stakeholders’ specifications and concerns by selecting the appropriate requirements and elicitation techniques.
- Use proven techniques and patterns to design computer software structure before it is implemented.
- Utilize values, skills, and critical thinking throughout computer software engineering decision-making processes.
- Apply established verification and validation techniques with well-defined objectives and targets to ensure that the software technology is meeting its stakeholders’ specifications and deliverables.
- Communicate complex computer software engineering concepts in a multidisciplinary team using a variety of formats.
- Integrate modern computer software technology knowledge, techniques, programming, and management skills to develop and deliver reliable and complex software in a cost-effective manner.
Your Courses in Computer Software Technology
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Software Technology degree program was developed on the basis of adaptive and engaged learning concepts to improve student professionalism and develop your ability to communicate ideas, work in groups, manage computer software products, and build quality into software products. Through your computer technology classes, you will explore technical skills such as software technology design and development, information security, operating system design and administration, and computer networking. You’ll also dive into business topics such as project management, economics, and statistics.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements
(57 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Careers in Computer Software Technology
The software technology field has grown substantially over the last decade, as more and more computer technology experts are needed to meet the growing demands of technology within the business industry. The knowledge you’ll receive from your computer technology classes will prepare you for a wide variety of related career options, allowing you to choose a career path that is specific to your interests. Take a look at your potential computer technology career options below.