Bachelor of Science in Cyber & Data Security Technology
A cyber & data security technology bachelor’s degree can provide a career working against threats of cybercrime, data breaches, and identity theft – challenges that have become all too common in modern society. Lead the charge to repel these threats when you earn your Bachelor of Science in Cyber & Data Security Technology from the Forbes School of Business & Technology™ at Ashford University. With this degree, you will learn cyber & data security technology and gain the opportunity to become a data security partner for businesses of all sizes. Learn how to harness technology to prevent 21st century crime with our online cyber & data security classes.
What you will learn
Your online cyber & data security technology degree was built on the principles of domestic and international information security. The program is aimed at helping you secure and protect the digital assets of both public and private organizations from security threats. You will gain a firm understanding of the fundamentals of information assurance and the supporting principles of information security. This cyber & data security undergraduate degree will teach you how to become a cyber & data security technology professional who can support both government and industry, to protect the information systems of the organization. When you graduate from this program, you’ll be able to:
- Employ professionalism, ethics, and social responsibility values related to the cyber & data security technology professions
- Create an information security policy framework based upon the classification of data in the seven domains of the typical information technology infrastructure
- Develop a risk management plan of the seven domains of the typical information technology infrastructure
- Construct the appropriate countermeasures to ensure the principles of information security
- Evaluate the local, national, and global impact of attacks and unauthorized use of digital assets on individuals, organizations, and society
- Prepare the appropriate solutions for business continuity to minimize the impact of a disruption or disaster utilizing current techniques, best practices, skills, and necessary security tools
Your Courses in Cyber & Data Security Technology
Your core coursework in the cyber & data security technology bachelor’s degree focuses on fundamental knowledge of the technology associated with computing, software, and information technology, as well as relevant business topics such as project management and technical writing. Your major course requirements will develop your cyber and data security skills to protect systems, web apps, social networking sites, and more.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements
(57 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Emphases for Cyber & Data Security Technology
Environmental Management & Sustainability
Web & Mobile App Technology
Careers in Cyber & Data Security Technology
Once you’ve completed your bachelor’s in cyber & data security technology, get ready for an exciting career using technology to help organizations secure their data from external threats. View some of the careers you could pursue when you graduate with your Cyber & Data Security Technology degree.
Cyber & Data Security Technology Degree Why Choose Ashford
Ashford’s online degree program provides students with an experience as well as an education. As a student pursuing an undergraduate degree in cyber & data security technology, you’ll become a part of a community of educators and mentors at the Forbes School of Business & Technology.
- Learn from qualified and experienced faculty members
- Craft your class schedule to meet your needs
- Find online support 24/7 with library and writing center assistance
- Expand your network by connecting with your classmates from across the globe
Explore even more benefits of the Ashford Experience for your journey toward your online Cyber & Data Security Technology Degree.
Need more information? You Got It.
Check out the links below to learn more about this degree.