Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
Turn technology into business solutions. With technology evolving at such a rapid rate in an increasingly globalized market, now more than ever businesses are in need of competent IT professionals who can harness the connective power of technology. The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology degree from the Forbes School of Business & Technology™ at Ashford University integrates technology skill development with the business enterprise acumen required in the fast-paced, rapidly changing global workplace. This IT degree program builds a foundation in business theory and practice to help you understand the impact of information technology on the workplace. You will develop a strong blend of business, organizational, technical, and interpersonal skills to become a technological problem-solver.
What you will learn
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology enables technology professionals to become critical thinkers and innovative process improvement agents through technology solutions. The online IT program prepares students in the areas of information assurance and security, project management, data management, networking technologies, and mobile and web applications. Students who successfully complete their bachelor of information technology will be able to:
- Apply information, strategies and techniques towards system improvement and the development of cutting edge Information Technology (IT) solutions
- Utilize state of the art project management tools and technical skills to apply the appropriate System Development Lifecycle methods in creating and maintaining IT solutions that fulfill the organizational goals
- Evaluate integration possibilities of various technologies, products, and services from multiple sources in one user environment
- Develop risk-management and system security plans and procedures using best-practices and appropriate system quality standards
- Assess ethical, legal, security, and social aspects and values within organizations
Your Courses in Information Technology
The coursework for the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology degree aims to help technology professionals become critical thinkers and innovative process improvement agents who are capable of offering technology solutions. Your online information technology courses will focus on the programming, design, management, security and implementation of various technologies, as well as business topics such as economics, communications, and ethics.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major and Core Course Requirements
(57 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Careers in Information Technology
Your bachelor’s degree in information technology will prepare you for larger opportunities in the growing IT field. Explore some potential information technology careers below.
Questions? Request Information
Need more information? You Got It.
Check out the links below to learn more about this degree.