Bachelor of Arts in
Integrate your education with global responsibility. With your Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies degree earned online from Ashford University, you demonstrate your understanding of complex cultural, social, and environmental issues at levels both local and global.
What you will learn
The Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies is an interdisciplinary degree between science, social science, and the humanities. In this curriculum, you will learn in detail how human civilization interacts with our natural surroundings, our deep impact on nature, and possible solutions to environmental problems. Your courses cover such subjects as ecology, biology, ethics, public policy, and energy production. Upon completion of your Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies degree program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate specific knowledge of material, information, and techniques in the natural sciences relating to a career in the environmental fields
- Evaluate the specific knowledge of material and information in the humanities and social sciences relating to a career in the environmental fields
- Apply critical reading, thinking, and communication skill using language specific to the environmental fields
- Implement appropriate current technologies that allow work and knowledge in the field to meet or exceed course expectations
- Demonstrate critical thinking, reading, and integration skills in the analysis of complex situations in order to develop descriptions, interpretations, and solutions regarding issues in the environmental fields
BA in Environmental Studies
Discover the Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies. In this video, Program Chair of the BA in Environmental Studies, Dr. Barbara Zorn-Arnold explains what you can expect to learn during the degree program and how it will prepare you for a rewarding career in environmental studies.
Careers in Environmental Studies
An increasing sense of global urgency has created a demand for environmental experts. Take a look at your potential career options.
Your Courses in Environmental Studies
Learn in detail how human civilization interacts with our natural surroundings, our deep impact on nature, and possible solutions to environmental problems. Your courses cover such subjects as ecology, biology, ethics, public policy, and energy production.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (43 credits)