Bachelor of Arts in History
Navigate our complex world with your Bachelor of Arts in History from Ashford University. This degree demonstrates your comprehension of the evolving forces that continually shape modern life.
What you will learn
Your Bachelor of Arts in History provides a broad curriculum, balanced between both American and World history. Your courses include social studies, explore multiple regions and cultures, and conclude with a research-focused capstone course. Upon completion of your Bachelor of Arts in History degree program, you will be able to:
- Utilize appropriate historical sources in the completion of written and/or oral narratives and analysis
- Interpret events, institutions, and human communities in their historical contexts
- Assess historical phenomena in terms of continuity, change, causation, and significance
- Distinguish between history and other ways of thinking about the past
- Evaluate historical events and trends from global perspectives that examine interaction between societies and cultures
- Assess the significance of social and cultural developments within broader historical contexts
Your Courses in History
Dive in to the past, and prepare for your future. Your courses explore multiple regions and cultures, and conclude with a research-focused capstone course. You can also add a specialization to your degree to provide further focus to your studies.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (36 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
BA in History
Discover the Bachelor of Arts in History. In this video, Associate Professor Dr. Matthew Laubacher explains what you can expect to learn during the degree program and how it will prepare you for a rewarding career in history.
Careers in History
No matter what career you choose, the study of history enhances your understanding of the world. Take a look at your potential history career options.