Crown Your Achievements
Take your education to a new level
Online Master’s Degrees
You have proven your mettle by earning a Bachelor’s degree in your chosen field. Now it’s time to add another educational accomplishment to your resume: the master’s degree. Perhaps you are contemplating climbing that mountain for the potential earning increase that may accompany it. Or maybe you believe in the power of personal achievement. Whatever your motivation may be, Ashford University offers multiple online Master’s degree programs that can fit within your schedule.
Culture of Graduate Program
Ashford University’s graduate programs provide robust, rigorous learning experiences for students, and prepare future professionals and leaders in the global economy. At the graduate level, our programs focus on building capacity in our students to synthesize, evaluate, create, and apply knowledge in their field of specialized study, as well as in interdisciplinary studies. At the graduate level, faculty members act as facilitators of learning, where they support students through direct and inquiry-based approaches to promote student learning through research, scholarship, and applied practice in the field. We foster a learning environment that supports student abilities to transfer skills and knowledge to real world situations and to develop the professional skills necessary to be successful professionals, leaders, and citizens in society (Wendler, C., Bridgeman, B., Cline, F., Millet, C., Rock, J., Bell, N., & McAllister, P., 2010).
Characteristics of Graduate Culture
1. Graduate faculty ensure students are challenged by rigorous academic curriculum and hold students to high expectations in their academic work.
2. Faculty and students reflect a highly developed framework of ethics; academically, personally, and professionally.
3. Faculty and students demonstrate a high level of research, analysis, synthesis, and evaluation of pertinent topics in their specialized discipline through discussion, reflection, collaboration, written work, and practical experience.
4. Faculty and students at the graduate level advance the body of scholarship in their field of study, as well as in work and professional environments in local, national, and/or international settings.
5. Faculty and students leverage technology in innovative ways for teaching and learning.
6. Faculty and students examine and evaluate the research or scholarship of the discipline to produce scholarly or creative work consistent with disciplinary standards.
7. Graduate faculty seek to prepare innovators and leaders who demonstrate 21st century skills and professional soft skills necessary to be successful in the field, such as tenacity, perseverance, adaptability, communication, collaboration, and leadership.
8. Faculty and students are held to high expectations for excellence in written and oral communication with the ability to convey complex ideas clearly, consistently, and logically.
Reference Wendler, C., Bridgeman, B., Cline, F., Millet, C., Rock, J., Bell, N., & McAllister, P. (2010). The Path Forward: The Future of Graduate Education in the United States. Princeton, NJ: Educational Testing Service.