Crown Your Achievements
Take your education to a new level
Online Master’s Degrees
You have taken the first major steps in your education and proven your mettle by earning your bachelor’s degree in your chosen field. Now it’s time to add another educational accomplishment to your resume: the master’s degree. Perhaps you are contemplating climbing that mountain for the potential earning increase that may accompany it. Or maybe you believe in the power of personal achievement. Whatever your motivation may be, Ashford University offers multiple online master’s degree programs that can fit within your schedule. You know what it takes to achieve your degree, now let us help you get there.
Top 6 Requested Ashford Master’s Degrees for 2016
Ashford University offers multiple competitive and respected avenues for pursuing your online master’s degree. Explore all the graduate-level educational opportunities available to you at Ashford.
- Master of Business Administration
- MA in Health Care Administration
- MA in Education
- MA in Psychology
- MS in Criminal Justice
- MA in Special Education
Choosing an Online Master’s Degree Program
Now that you have earned your bachelor’s in your desired field, it’s time to decide on an online master’s degree program that can help take that BA even further. With a master’s degree from Ashford University, you have the opportunity to dig deeper into your preferred field of study, and take your educational goals to the next level. Explore the multiple graduate programs that we offer, and continue pursuing your passion.
Culture of Graduate Program
Ashford University’s online graduate degree programs provide robust, rigorous learning experiences for students and prepare future professionals and leaders in the global economy. At the graduate level, our online master’s degree programs focus on building capacity in our students to synthesize, evaluate, create, and apply knowledge in their field of specialized study, as well as in interdisciplinary studies. Faculty members within our online master’s degree programs act as facilitators of learning, where they support students through direct and inquiry-based approaches to promote student learning through research, scholarship, and applied practice in the field. We foster a learning environment that supports student abilities to transfer skills and knowledge to real world situations and to develop the skills necessary to be successful professionals, leaders, and citizens in society (Wendler, C., Bridgeman, B., Cline, F., Millet, C., Rock, J., Bell, N., & McAllister, P., 2010).
Characteristics of Online Graduate Culture
1. Graduate faculty ensure students are challenged by rigorous academic curriculum and hold students to high expectations in their master’s degree work.
2. Faculty and students at the graduate level reflect a highly-developed framework of ethics; academically, personally, and professionally.
3. Graduate faculty and students demonstrate a high level of research, analysis, synthesis, and evaluation of pertinent topics in their specialized master’s degree discipline through discussion, reflection, collaboration, written work, and practical experience
4. Faculty and students at the graduate level advance the body of scholarship in their field of study, as well as in work and professional environments in local, national, and/or international settings.
5. Graduate faculty and students leverage technology in innovative ways in order to teach and learn more efficiently in their specialized graduate field of study.
6. Graduate faculty and students examine the research and scholarship of the specific master’s degree discipline in order to produce scholarly and creative work consistent with disciplinary standards.
7. Graduate faculty seek to prepare innovators and leaders who demonstrate 21st century skills and professional soft skills necessary to be successful in their master’s degree field, such as tenacity, perseverance, adaptability, communication, collaboration, and leadership.
8. Graduate-level faculty and students are held to high expectations for excellence in written and oral communication with the ability to convey complex ideas clearly, consistently, and logically
Reference Wendler, C., Bridgeman, B., Cline, F., Millet, C., Rock, J., Bell, N., & McAllister, P. (2010). The Path Forward: The Future of Graduate Education in the United States. Princeton, NJ: Educational Testing Service.
Questions? Request Information
Earning Your Master’s Degree Online
If you have completed the majority of your education on traditional college campuses, transitioning to an online learning format might seem constricting. But keep in mind that online universities, such as Ashford, offer innovative technology and tools along with 24/7 online support, so don’t let this new format limit you from earning your degree. An online master’s degree allows you the freedom and flexibility to expand your career, especially if you are currently in the workforce utilizing your BA.