Bachelor of Arts in Military Studies
Engage your education with your Bachelor of Arts in Military Studies earned online from Ashford University. This degree will guide you in developing the historical, ethical, and foundational skills to advance your career as a leader, whether you pursue opportunities in the military or in the private sector.
What you will learn
The Bachelor of Arts in Military Studies provides you with a foundation of historical and political knowledge to understand the role of the military as an institution. You will analyze the role of the military within its chronological and geographical contexts. And you will learn the importance of the US military as both a fighting and a peacekeeping force. Upon completion of your Bachelor of Arts in Military Studies degree program, you will be able to:
- Examine the interrelationship between grand strategy and war
- Analyze issues concerning the role of the military within its chronological and geographical context
- Examine how military and civilian authority should co-exist, both in the United States and in deployments abroad
- Assess the moral and ethical concerns raised through the study of the relationship of the military to society
- Analyze the importance of the military as an instrument for the preservation of peace, as well as the waging of war
- Evaluate the character traits necessary for becoming a moral and effective leader
Your Courses in Military Studies
Engage your education with your Bachelor of Arts in Military Studies. Your courses combine important military topics with broad studies in history, politics, philosophy, and international affairs.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (36 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Careers in Military Studies
Professionals with a Bachelor of Arts in Military Studies may choose to enter a number of careers in which critical thinking skills are a must. Take a look at your potential career options.
Questions? Request Information
Need more information? You Got It.
Check out the links below to learn more about this degree.