If you aspire to a career in public service, then the IACBE accredited Master of Public Administration online degree program at Ashford University is for you. As a graduate of the Master of Public Administration degree at Ashford University you will gain a wide range of proficiencies in financial management, budgeting, quantitative methods, urban planning, redevelopment, and personnel management.
What you will learn
You will perfect your interpersonal and management skills while gaining expertise in decision making, policy implementation, and managing personnel in ways that embrace quality and diversity. Upon completion of the Master of Public Administration degree program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills relevant to public administration contexts
- Apply management theory to the practice of public administration
- Evaluate the impact of political influences on the public sector decision-making process
- Analyze the needs of various stakeholders in the development of public policy
- Assess the effectiveness of public administration strategies for dealing with urban planning and redevelopment
- Evaluate public administration trends and strategies for financing government operations
- Assess the role and function of public administration in today’s multicultural environment
Master of Public Administration
Discover the Master of Public Administration program. In this video, Dr. George Holbrook, Chair of Public Administration program for Forbes School of Business & Technology, explains what you can expect to learn during this master program and how it will prepare you for a rewarding career in public administration.
Careers in Public Administration
While many entry-level positions in government only require a Bachelor's degree, a Master of Public Administration is required in order to advance to many senior management positions. Take a look at your potential career options.
Your Courses in Public Administration
Broaden your professional horizons with the valuable knowledge you acquire through the Master of Public Administration program. The online courses in this graduate curriculum are taught by advance-degree faculty with real-world experience in the subjects they teach.
Major Course Requirements (36 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
The Master of Public Administration degree is IACBE accredited.