Bachelor of Arts in Cognitive Studies
Cognitive Studies is a versatile degree offering which includes the study of the brain and how we learn, solve problems, and make decisions. How do we learn? How do we solve problems and make decisions? Explore these questions with your Bachelor of Arts in Cognitive Studies from Ashford University.
What you will learn
Discover the unique needs of learners with cognitive delays, as well as programs to address those needs. Learn to identify changes in brain development over time and their impact on cognitive functions. Upon completion of your Bachelor of Arts in Cognitive Studies degree program, you will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of brain functioning to teaching and learning
- Examine life span development and the impact of developmental delays
- Identify the unique needs of learners with cognitive or developmental delays and programs to address these needs
- Identify changes in the child and adult brain over time and the impact on cognitive functioning
- Acquire and apply foundational research skills to a topic of interest in an area of cognitive studies
Your Courses in Cognitive Studies
This curriculum is an interdisciplinary study with courses in psychology, education and neuroscience. Your online courses include such topics as perception, reading, intelligence, and child development.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements 39 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
BA in Cognitive Studies
Discover the Bachelor of Arts in Cognitive Studies. In this video, former Associate Dean Dr. Iris Lafferty explains what you can expect to learn during the degree program and how it will prepare you for a rewarding career in cognitive studies.
Careers in Cognitive Studies
When you complete your Bachelor of Arts in Cognitive Studies degree, you will be prepared for a career in which a broad background in health is a must. Take a look at your potential career options.