Bachelor of Arts in Social Science
Gain a broad perspective in the social sciences when you study areas of history, culture, psychology and sociology for your Bachelor of Arts in Social Science degree online from Ashford University. You will develop a sound understanding of the society we live in - individuals, families, communities, governments, and cultures - from various perspectives.
What you will learn
Your Bachelor of Arts in Social Science degree examines the implications of cultural diversity and helps you to acquire a foundation of research skills from the social sciences, including history, psychology, and sociology. Benefit from a multidisciplinary approach, where the perspectives of different social sciences are combined and applied to real-world issues. Upon completion of the Bachelor of Arts in Social Science degree program, you will be able to:
- Evaluate fundamental social science concepts
- Integrate knowledge from the social sciences to examine a variety of perspectives about contemporary issues
- Evaluate the importance and influence of diversity within and among cultures and societies
- Communicate theoretical perspectives, findings, and interpretations of contemporary issues in the social sciences
- Analyze contemporary issues in the social sciences using critical thinking and ethical reasoning skills
- Apply qualitative and quantitative research methods to explain and analyze issues of global and contemporary significance
BA in Social Science
Discover the Bachelor of Arts in Social Science. In this video, Dr. Katie Bojakowski, Program Chair for the BA in Social Science in the College of Liberal Arts, explains what you can expect to learn during the degree program and how it will prepare you for a rewarding career in social science.
Your Courses in Social Science
Benefit from a multidisciplinary approach to social sciences, where the perspectives of different social sciences are combined and applied to real-world issues. Your curriculum includes coursework in history, psychology, and global economics.
To help students acclimate to the online classroom, you may be required to complete Introductory Course requirements. Learn more about Introductory Courses.
Major Course Requirements (39 credits, all courses are 3 credits.)
Careers in Social Science
The core knowledge you gain with your Bachelor of Arts in Social Science degree creates a solid foundation for a wide range of careers that concern people - understanding them, leading them, or helping them. Take a look at your potential career options.