Former University of the Rockies Student Info

Former University of the Rockies Student Information

As a previous University of the Rockies student who is finishing out their graduate degree at Ashford University, it’s important for you to have a home for necessary information.

Commencement 2018 Information
Frequently Asked Questions about Commencement and Finishing Your Degree
Transcript Request
Helpful Forms

Commencement 2018 Information

Commencement Ceremony
Saturday, October 20, 2018 at 2 pm
Temple Hoyne Buell Theatre 
Denver Center for the Performing Arts (also known as Denver Performing Arts Complex)
1400 Curtis St.
Denver, CO 80202

View the Commencement Program

Planning Your Trip

Denver International Airport (DEN) 

Located about 30 miles from the commencement location.

Visit this link for special hotel rates for commencement weekend: https://book.passkey.com/e/49711462

Rental Cars
Denver International Airport has 12 on-site rental car agencies. Check-in counters are in the baggage claim area.
•    Advantage 800.777.5500 
•    Alamo 877.222.9075 
•    Avis 800.230.4898 
•    Budget 800.527.0700 
•    Enterprise Rent A Car 800.736.8222 
•    Hertz 800.654.3131 
•    Dollar Rent A Car 800.800.3665 
•    E-Z Rent 800.527.0700 
•    Fox Rent A Car 800.225.4369 
•    National Rent A Car 800.222.9058 
•    Payless Rent A Car 800.Pay.Less 
•    Thrifty 800.367.2277 

Public Transportation
•    Free 16th Street Mall Ride
•    A-Train to Denver International Airport (DEN)
•    Review the RTD public transportation website: http://www.rtd-denver.com/

Please download the Commencement Newsletter for all additional information. 

Frequently Asked Questions About Commencement and Finishing Your Degree

When and where is the ceremony?
The commencement ceremony will be held in the Temple Hoyne Buell Theatre at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts, also known as the Denver Performing Arts Complex, located at 1400 Curtis St., Denver, CO 80202. The ceremony will begin at 2 pm on Saturday, October 20, 2018.

If I am not attending a graduation ceremony, do I have to pay the graduation fee?
Yes, all students must submit a Petition to Graduate form and applicable fees in order to graduate, even if you choose not to participate in the Commencement ceremony.

I have a question about completing degree requirements, whom should I contact?
Your Student Advisor will be happy to assist you.

How do I order my cap and gown?
Students must have completed a Petition to Graduate form, be eligible to attend, and have indicated that they will participate in the ceremony to have a cap and gown ordered. Your regalia will be ordered for you based on the measurements you provide on your Petition to Graduate form, which also confirms that you are attending commencement. You can expect to receive your regalia by mail a few weeks before the ceremony. 

Can I buy different regalia?
No, only regalia approved by the University is allowed to be worn at commencement.

Will University of the Rockies hold a rehearsal for the commencement ceremony?
No. Due to the fact that students will be traveling from all over the country for the event, it is not possible to schedule a rehearsal. There will be commencement day instructions for graduates provided on the website and/or via email a few weeks prior to the ceremony.

How many guests can I bring?
University of the Rockies does not limit the number of guests that graduates may bring to the commencement ceremony. Please keep in mind that seating is first come, first served.

Do my guests need tickets to attend?
No, tickets are not needed to attend the ceremony.

Where can my guests and I park?
The Denver Performing Arts Complex has a parking garage attached to the building with paid parking. There are also several parking lots located around the venue. Please review the Denver Performing Arts Complex Parking Map for detailed information.

When should my guests and I arrive for the ceremony?
Graduates will be given additional information about the timeline closer to the ceremony date but should plan to arrive early. Guests should plan to be seated before the ceremony begins. Please allow time to park and get seated.

How long is the ceremony?
While there is not a firm rule, the ceremony runs approximately 1.5 – 2 hours long.

What accommodations are available for guests with disabilities?
Graduates requiring accommodation for a disability should contact the Office of Student Access & Wellness at [email protected] a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the ceremony in order to ensure all requests may be met. Special seating areas will be designated for guests who are pregnant, elderly, or who have disabilities. Please have guests arrive early to ensure they are able to access the designated seating area and have them notify event staff that they are a guest needing special seating when entering the event.

American Sign Language interpreters are provided for this event. Large print or Braille programs will be available on a first come, first served basis, unless requested in advance. Assistive listening devices will also be available upon request. Please contact [email protected] regarding your needs.

Disabled parking is available at each level in the parking structure.

Is there a reception after commencement?
Yes, there is a reception for graduates and their guests immediately following commencement.

Will I get my diploma at the ceremony?
Diplomas are typically ordered within 30 days of successful completion of all program requirements being recorded and payment of all related tuition and fees. They are mailed directly to graduates. You will receive a diploma cover with a congratulatory message inside when you walk across the stage.

When will I receive my diploma, and what will be printed on it?
Your degree will be conferred and your diploma and transcripts will be released once you have met all degree requirements including, but not limited to, credits earned, GPA, examinations, internships, dissertations and balances paid in full. Diplomas are generally ordered within 30 days of completion of all program requirements and payment of all related tuition and fees. Once the diploma is ordered, it will take six (6) to eight (8) weeks to arrive. Diplomas, certificates, and transcripts will be withheld until all accounts at the University are paid in full. Once orders are placed, mailing addresses cannot be changed. Please make sure your address is up to date and accurate before finishing your last course. Your diploma will state your name as indicated on your Petition to Graduate, your degree, and your graduation date. The date of degree conferral recorded on your diploma will reflect the end of the term in which you completed all degree requirements. Please note that the date of the merger with Ashford University is not known at this time and degrees will be granted by University of the Rockies as long as the accreditation agencies allow. After this time, diplomas will be issued by Ashford University. 

What size is the diploma?
University of the Rockies diplomas are 8½ inches by 11 inches

When will my official transcript reflect my degree awarded?
Degree completion is recorded on your official transcript within 30 days after completion of all program requirements. Transcripts will not be released until your account balance is paid in full, including the graduation fee. Please note that after the merger of Ashford University and University of the Rockies, transcripts will be issued by Ashford University. 

How do I request my official transcripts?
Once your degree is awarded, one official transcript will be mailed to your current address. You can order additional official University of the Rockies transcripts at $6 per electronic copy and $8 per paper copy. Please note that costs may change after the merger with Ashford University. Please complete a Transcript Request form.
Official Transcript Request 

How do I prove I have earned my degree?
If you need to prove that you have earned your degree for an employer or other third party, you can either provide them with a copy of your official transcripts, order an official transcript and have it sent to a third party, or you can fill out an Enrollment Verification request form.
Official Transcript Request 
Enrollment Verification Request

How do I request faculty to provide a recommendation for me?
Complete a Student Request for Recommendation form and send it directly to the University of the Rockies individual from whom you are requesting a recommendation. Please be sure to explain exactly what you need in your request, in addition to sending the form. Please also be aware that requests for recommendations are fulfilled at the professor’s or staff member’s discretion. Professors may choose to fulfill a request right away, may require a longer timeline to write letters, or may decline to fulfill requests. You may direct questions concerning this process to the Office of the Registrar.
Request for Recommendation

Transcript Request

How to Order Your Official Transcripts Online
To order official transcripts, log into your Student Portal, click on My Degree and then click on the link that says “Order Official Transcript”. If you are unable to log into your Student Portal because you’ve forgotten your Student ID, please call the Registrar’s office at 1-866-621-0124 x30120. Didn’t have access to the Student Portal? Not a problem, you can visit our secure transcript store front.

The transcript ordering site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session. Order updates will be sent to your email address, and you can track your order online. If a hold at University of the Rockies prevents the transcript from being released, you will have 30 days to resolve the hold before the order is cancelled.

Requests for official transcripts from students with outstanding financial obligations to the University cannot be completed. To clear financial holds, contact the Business Office at 1-844-250-2871.
University of the Rockies issues official transcripts only with signed permission from the owner of the student record. The Registrar's Office releases academic record transcripts in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).

Need to Pay by Check or Money Order
No problem! Just fill out the Official Request form.

Mail your completed form and check or money order to:
Ashford University
Office of the Registrar
8620 Spectrum Center Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92123

Unofficial Transcripts
You can print copies of your unofficial transcript, free of charge, by logging into your student portal, clicking “My Degree” and then clicking “Unofficial Transcript.” Please note, if you have a hold on your account, you will not have access to your unofficial transcript.

Handbooks and Helpful Forms

You've found the source for the forms and handbooks you may need as a former student at University of the Rockies. Additional forms are also available in the Student Portal.

Applied Doctoral Project and Dissertation

Certification of APA Style Compliance
Chair Request
Oral Defense Evaluation
Request for Oral Defense
Request to Change Chairperson or Committee Member

Master of Counseling

Application for Counseling Practicum/Internship
Counseling Practicum/Internship Site Proposal
Counseling Practicum/Internship Site Agreement

Registrar's Office

Area of Study Declaration - Clinical 
Area of Study Declaration - Counseling 
Area of Study Declaration - Human Services
Area of Study Declaration - Psychology (CMC/GP/SPP)
Area of Study Declaration - Psychology (Non-Licensure)
Area of Study Declaration - Human Development and Public Sociology
Area of Study Declaration - Organizational Development and Leadership
Enrollment Verification Request
Official Transcript Request 
Petition to Graduate Form - Master's Programs 
Petition to Graduate Form - Doctoral Programs
Request for Recommendation
Request for Replacement/Duplicate Diploma


Applied Doctoral Project Handbook
Dissertation Handbook
IRB Handbook 
Master of Arts in Counseling Practicum and Internship Handbook
PsyD, Clinical Practicum Handbook 
PsyD, Clinical Specialization Internship Handbook