Payment Options for Online College Degrees
Choose from several different payment options. You may use any of the following options to fund your degree program:
- Cash Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Direct Bill Plan (Third Party Billing)
- Military Benefits
- Tuition Grants
Explore Financial Aid and Title IV options at Ashford University.
Students may choose to have their tuition and/or fees automatically charged to their credit card (debit cards are not accepted). Automatic credit card payments are charged after the start date of each course; otherwise, full payment must be received on or before the start date of each course. Credit card information will be requested of students selecting this option in order to establish credit for this plan.
Documentation required for the Cash Plan:
- Student Finance Agreement
- Authorization to Charge Form
Tuition Reimbursement may be selected as a payment option if your employer reimburses a portion of your annual tuition. Tuition is deferred a maximum of 90 days after each course start date, regardless of when you receive payment from your employer. Applicable fees are due on or before the start date of each course. To qualify, you must submit a signed Tuition Reimbursement Certification and Authorization Form and include a valid credit card/debit number with authorization to charge the card. This card will be charged once the 90 day deferment period expires if any balance remains on the account.
Documentation required for the Tuition Reimbursement Plan:
- Student Finance Agreement
- Tuition Reimbursement Certification and Authorization Form
To have your tuition and fees billed directly to your employer, follow these steps:
- Find out if your organization has an Executed Direct Bill Memorandum of Understanding;
- If they do, then fill out your Student Finance Agreement indicating Direct Bill;
- Then fill out the Direct Bill Certification and Authorization form; and
- Request a voucher or purchase order from your Human Resources / Benefits department before each course. Your Enrollment Services Advisor can provide these forms for you.
Ashford University is proud to be a military-friendly university. Please visit the Military Resources page to learn about all of the benefits and special tuition rates available to you if you belong to one of the following groups:
- Active Duty
- National Guard
- Spouses of: Active Duty, National Guard, and Reservists
- Students using VA Education Benefits Employees of the US Department of Defense
- Employees of the US Department of Veterans Affairs
- Civilian Employees of the United States Coast Guard
Additionally, to ensure that service members, veterans, spouses, and other family members have the information, support, and protections they deserve, in April 2012 the President signed an Executive Order establishing Principles of Excellence for Educational Institutions Serving Service Members, Veterans, Spouses, and Other Family Members. This Executive Order requires educational institutions receiving funding from federal military and veterans’ educational benefits to provide prospective students with the Financial Aid Shopping Sheet to help students understand the total cost of their education. If you served on Active Duty, you might be eligible for education benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs. For example, the Post-9/11 GI Bill® provides financial support for educational and housing expenses to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after September 10, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill. If you are currently serving in the military, you may be eligible for funding offered through the Department of Defense Tuition Assistance program. Check your eligibility status and the amount for which you qualify with your Service prior to enrolling. If you are the spouse or child of a service member who is serving on active duty Title 10 orders in the paygrades of E1-E5, O1-O2, or W1-W2, you may be eligible for financial assistance from the Department of Defense for education, training, and/or the occupational license and credentials necessary for a portable career. If you are the spouse or child of a service member, you may be eligible for transfer of the service member’s Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to you. In accordance with the Principles of Excellence outlined in Executive Order 13607, Ashford University is proud to increase services to service member and veteran students and their families. The Financial Aid Shopping Sheet, part of our commitment to increasing the quality of information for military students, will allow you to see simplified financial aid information in a standardized format from all institutions of higher education that are adhering to the Principles.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Tuition Grants, when combined with an approved company’s tuition assistance program, lets eligible students earn their degree without student loan debt.
Under Tuition Grant programs, you will have your required education-related costs covered, including:
- Tuition for all eligible courses
- Course materials*
- Technology Fees
- Prior Learning Assessment fees
- Graduation fee
* If both electronic and hard copy course materials are available for the same course, the program will only fund the electronic course materials, and if you choose to receive hard copy course materials, you will be responsible to pay the difference in price and shipping costs.